Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
I'm trying to remove the front license plate + fixture from my front bumper. I've looked at it a little bit, but haven't fooled around with it that much. If anyone can tell how or show me some pictures, that would be grrreeeeaaaaaat (Bill Lumbergh ;) )

thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hitching no solution

Did you get the memo on the cover letters?

No solution here, just hitching a ride on the thread to track the suggestions.

Peace.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
What are you planning to do with the license plate frame off anyways? Just curious...:paranoid:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep~

Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. K? We uhh lost a few people this week, and we need to sort of play catch up... Thannnkkkssss. :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
trbobrk said:
It looks better with no plate on the front.
Okay, just wondering about HIS motives. I've taken my plate assembly off and stuck it on hinges. I got the idea from Option 2 magazine *fanatic, I know* The idea is; at high speed, wind comes along and the plate flips up flat against the bumper *aerodynamics I guess* and cops and such can't see your license plate in the front. This is kinda pointless though cuz if you're barreling down the freeway at velocity, who's gonna actually stay in front of you long enough to see your plate? Oh well, it's still trippy to have I guess....

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would like to do the same thing, but I would still like to have my front plate on since california got strict on the front plates. Any good ideas of how to mount it?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I live in Nor Cal and havent had one cop give a flying f#@* about my missing front plate. Took the front plate off the day I got my car and even had the holes filled so it looks clean. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
2002G20Racer said:
I live in Nor Cal and havent had one cop give a flying f#@* about my missing front plate. Took the front plate off the day I got my car and even had the holes filled so it looks clean. ;)

I guess so cali is different. Cops will pull you over just for that. And while their at it...find anything else to give you a ticket for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Possible reason

I've heard the possible reason they get more strict about front plates is due to Red Light Camera use. Do they use the cameras in your area of So Cal?

Cops need to enforce it so that the cameras can get a good shot of the License plate. I would rather they just hike taxes to raise money instead of that crap.

Just my 2 cents on the front license plate.....in my youth there were times when I didn't really want to give the Police any reason to pull me over....especially in wee hours of the morning. The front license plate law just gives then the right to pull you over and see what else they can find.

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah, they are starting to post more and more camera's up. When I use to drive my civic, I got pulled over for anything you could imagine. Saw a small crack in the windshield...got a ticket, got a ticket for a chip in my rear tail light. Said that's illegal, and gave me ticket. I actually had a cop ask me "Can you get that car any lower to the ground?" (Sarcasm of course).

Trying to be as law abiding as possible with my p11. Just don't feel like going through that hassle anymore.

anyways...back to the question at hand. Anyone put their license plate on without the big ugly black fixture?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah, SoCal cops are real picky. Sometimes you'll be lucky and they'll ignore you or just won't care, but lots of times they're just lookin for an excuse to pull you over.

I think it'd be easy to just drill the plate right onto the bumper without the assembly, but it'd look awkward I think.

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
FF Drifter said:
I think it'd be easy to just drill the plate right onto the bumper without the assembly, but it'd look awkward I think.
I also think it would look awkward without the assembly. I think the best idea would be to move the plate down and right. For some reason Japanese cars look really good with the offset plate.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I agree. That looks far better than setting your plate on your dash.:monster:

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah...cops in the LA area have been known to give tickets for having plates in the windshield.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts