Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to figure out how to adjust the clutch cable last night. I removed a black plastic box going to the intake so I could get to the clutch cable. After I took the box out, I noticed it was only had one opening. I'm assuming this is a resonator for the intake. After I was done adjusting the clutch, I left the box out and plugged the hole in the TID. There aren't any problems with doing that on this car right?? I don't have a service manual, so I can only guess it's a resonator since it only has one opening. Hope someone knows what I'm talking about. :p

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
6'5 290lbs in a G20 said:
is this the small box after the throttle body ?? If I plug it will I get more noise ???
the resonance box is fixed to the 3" rubber pipe that leads to the throttle body. Half way along between the air box and thr body, it hangs downover, above the clutch cable area, which is why he had to remove it to make space. The idea is that this box reduces the roar of the intake note, so in theory, if you remove it, you should get a throatier sound, but i cant confirm that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
P11GT said:

the resonance box is fixed to the 3" rubber pipe that leads to the throttle body. Half way along between the air box and thr body, it hangs downover, above the clutch cable area, which is why he had to remove it to make space. The idea is that this box reduces the roar of the intake note, so in theory, if you remove it, you should get a throatier sound, but i cant confirm that.

A Gatorade bottle cap fits in there just fine.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
kbslacker said:

A Gatorade bottle cap fits in there just fine.

Or a cap from a Simple Green gallon jug. ;)

Thanks for the confirmation fellas. The intake is louder now. Nothing crazy, but it's noticeable. I have a quiet muffler so the throaty intake with JWT pop-charger is all I hear which is good. And a bit Less clutter in the engine bay also. :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6'5 290lbs in a G20 said:
what do all those tubes going into the box do is there harm in pluging them ??
Whoa, well don't go unplugging random stuff now. :) The resonator box only has a single two inch tube going to it. If you have the stock intake, I don't think it will make much of a difference. It's just good to get rid of a bit of engine clutter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts