Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have the black smoke tail spray and a buddy of mine gave me blue reverse bulbs, but i was wondering if theres an easier way to paint the lights and how to get into the light housing. i was gonna do that whole taping newspaper up to the car thingy, but isnt there a way to jus detach the housings?? I can build a computer from scratch in under an hour...but ask me to change a bulb in a car and im SOL.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You can take out the housings. They're are attached by several bolts. Just move the trunk lining out of the way and you'll find them.

They housings are glued on with some really sticky tar like material. After you take the bolts off, you'll have to pry the housings off with some force unless it's a hot day.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Thanks guys! Ill try it! It actually jus started gettin cold here...damn. Ill post pix soon as i get a chance to do it!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
gdub, got pics??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've always been afraid that just stickin the window tint on wont be able to survive the elements. It gets pretty hot here and the rain is nasty sometimes. Just a thought. Im still gonna do the tail light spray tmw though!

·
Farting this very moment
2,225 Posts
I have only done the blinkers so far. i should be finishing it up when i get time this week, and my digital cam should come this week. ill try to get some pics up. east bay killa, i live in the central valley near fresno and its been 100-110 degrees every day for the last few weeks, no problems.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o sick, good deal. Ill keep that in mind for future mods. Yea, its been hot as hell during the day but freezingat night. Hopefully ill have enough time to do it during the day! And yea, u should post pix, i wanna see how smooth it looks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
19 Posts
94Gride> Get your lights sprayed at a painter. I got mine sprayed i their dustfree room and put in their heatingroom. They came out MUCH better than when i tried it my self. It looks REEAAALLL smoth

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much did that cost you? Did u need an appointment?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, so today it was hot, but also windy as hell. I tried for a good hour to de-goo my light housings and pull em out. I finally gave up and whipped out the newspaper and masking tape. I actually did a pretty good job in spraying the lights cuz i jus recently resprayed my window trim. I will post pix tmw!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Anyone know how to get the lenses removed from the tail light casing and the sidemarkers?

i have an experimental hook up on custom clear tails and sidemarkers if I can get the lenses off

help

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
Anyone know how to get the lenses removed from the tail light casing and the sidemarkers?

i have an experimental hook up on custom clear tails and sidemarkers if I can get the lenses off

help
You have to heat the seam up pretty hot to get them off. Either in the Oven or with a heat gun.

The oven sounds a little odd but it works fine. Preheat to 250, bake and and check every minute for glue flexibility. Makes 8-10 servings. ;) Just watch what you're doing...

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
custom clear the tailights?

That sounds hot if you could do that! But to take them apart must be a real b$%#@ ... I would say cutting with a warm blade... but that would take forever........ mmmn... gives me an idea though....

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Mike.Com said:

You have to heat the seam up pretty hot to get them off. Either in the Oven or with a heat gun.

The oven sounds a little odd but it works fine. Preheat to 250, bake and and check every minute for glue flexibility. Makes 8-10 servings. ;) Just watch what you're doing...

wouldnt this melt the casing and lenses

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First off , i wanna say taht i added pix wit my blue reverse bulbs on! check out my site, its in my profile thingy. Secondly, i wanna say that id just wait for a REALLY hot day, or figure out some way to really heat up the tar or just cut it i suppose. I waited for a semi-hot day and gave up.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=196510

1 - 20 of 26 Posts