Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of restoring my p10 to it's former condition (former is before a giant wheel decided to get personal with the drivers side). Anyway to do this I need to remove rubber off of the wheel? Any easy way to do this?? I don't want to scrub hard and damage the wheel anymore... though it does look pretty bad now.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
tfmd said:
I've been thinking of restoring my p10 to it's former condition (former is before a giant wheel decided to get personal with the drivers side). Anyway to do this I need to remove rubber off of the wheel? Any easy way to do this?? I don't want to scrub hard and damage the wheel anymore... though it does look pretty bad now.
I'm a little confused by what rubber you are removing and what happened to your car exactly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hamzer11 said:
I'm a little confused by what rubber you are removing and what happened to your car exactly.
The side got swiped by a really big wheel... smeared tire rummer all down the side (needs body work), and the wheel got covered as well. The side is paid for bit I'd rather save some money on the wheel and remove the rubber myself...

·
Registered
304 Posts
K, same thing happened to me. A huge jeep sideswiped my fender. Rubber everywhere.

Here's what I did. DONT try to scratch off the rubber, you'll just mess up your clear coat.

This may sound stupid, but it actually worked.

Step 1:
Find a younger brother or sister

Step 2:
Steal their favorite bouncing super-ball, the bigger the better. (the solid rubber ones that you find at 25c machines).

Step 3:
Dampen a rag (semi-cheesecloth like, but make sure the ball doesnt show through), wrap it around the bouncing ball, and slowly scrub away with moderate pressure . After a while, you will see the tire rubber start to develop on the rag. Dont scrape it off, it actually helps the rubber on ur car to adhere to the cloth.

This may take a while, but i found it was the best / safest way to remove the rubber. I tried carwash / polish / remover, and this was the best way.

Have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts