Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not the time nor the tools to remove the bars on my car, and I would like to turn my P10 into a comfortable daily driver, but I'm not sure how much it will cost/time, any ideas?

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
just go to a kragen or autozone for some loaner tools bro. should take you a couple hours if that...

I dont know how hard it is to remove the RSTB on a P10...somebody else chime in

..but in all honesty save yourself some money and do it yourself. the rates people charge to do easy stuff like that is ridiculous

·
Registered
496 Posts
i dont understand why you want to take the strut bars off. its not going to change anything but add more body roll. the sway bar and springs i understand because those are definitely adding to the bumpiness of your ride. i havent installed/uninstalled a sway bar on a p10 but i believe it should be under the car in the rear? someone correct me if im wrong. the springs are a bit more difficult and you will need to rent some spring compressors.

if you really want to remove the strut bars then for the front: pop your hood, unfasten nuts on the strut towers, remove bar, and replace nuts. the rear is a little more involved. you have to take out the rear backrest (if you have a 't' then just pull the tabs and they will fall down), remove all the little plastic clips (5 dark ones, 6 or 7 light ones), remove plastic siding, and remove top part (where speaker covers are). you should now see the strut bar running across the top. remove nuts from strut tower, remove strut bar, and replace nuts. then just replace all other components in the opposite order you took them out. total time: 30 mins. max.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
^^^ The duals are on the way Broham. BTW, you want those brows?

Djin, the stbs are cake, 5 mins tops. The sway bar shouldnt be hard either.
Go to Sears or even Wal Marche and get a $20 tool set for your Christmas present. Everything you need to remove them will be in it and it shouldnt take any longer then an hour to remove all of it. :smile:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
krookednose7 said:
i dont understand why you want to take the strut bars off. its not going to change anything but add more body roll. the sway bar and springs i understand because those are definitely adding to the bumpiness of your ride. i havent installed/uninstalled a sway bar on a p10 but i believe it should be under the car in the rear? someone correct me if im wrong. the springs are a bit more difficult and you will need to rent some spring compressors.

if you really want to remove the strut bars then for the front: pop your hood, unfasten nuts on the strut towers, remove bar, and replace nuts. the rear is a little more involved. you have to take out the rear backrest (if you have a 't' then just pull the tabs and they will fall down), remove all the little plastic clips (5 dark ones, 6 or 7 light ones), remove plastic siding, and remove top part (where speaker covers are). you should now see the strut bar running across the top. remove nuts from strut tower, remove strut bar, and replace nuts. then just replace all other components in the opposite order you took them out. total time: 30 mins. max.
Thanks for all the replies, I was under the impression that the strut bars also added to the stifffness of the ride. I suppose I'll grab a tool set and try and figure out how to remove the sway bar.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hate to state the obvious, but a comfortable daily driver is one with OE tires, shocks and springs. The tire / wheel, springs and strut mods are what have made your car uncomfortable. Sway bars have absolutely nothing to do with any ride harshness, but they sure do help keep the car stuck to turns.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
davemac said:
Hate to state the obvious, but a comfortable daily driver is one with OE tires, shocks and springs. The tire / wheel, springs and strut mods are what have made your car uncomfortable. Sway bars have absolutely nothing to do with any ride harshness, but they sure do help keep the car stuck to turns.
Thanks, I'm not too informed about this, but I am learning. Stating the obvious always helps newbies like me.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
yeah lowering your car gives it less shock travel so itll be bumpier...the sway bar under your car makes it stiffer so you feel the bumps more. take off your sway bar first and see if the ride is better for you. If not, get some stock springs and put them back on. leave your strut bars on though...handle much nicer :D your GR-2 sturts are basically OEM replacements so youre good on those...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ugly said:
yeah lowering your car gives it less shock travel so itll be bumpier...the sway bar under your car makes it stiffer so you feel the bumps more. take off your sway bar first and see if the ride is better for you. If not, get some stock springs and put them back on. leave your strut bars on though...handle much nicer :D your GR-2 sturts are basically OEM replacements so youre good on those...
Thanks for the tips, it also doesn't help that my right passenger tire is completely bald... Ecsta SPT's get put on tomorrow woohoo!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts