Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Remus axle-back exhaust on my P10 right now, but had a question about expanding it a little. I am putting on a 3" exhaust, and the axle-back piping on the Remus is like 2.25" or something. Would it work to just cut off the axle-back piping at the muffler and weld on 3" piping? In other words, is the Remus muffler at least 3" inside, or would I be restricting flow? Does anyone know if this is the same for the tip?
I need to get this figured out as I'm getting the exhaust done today. Thanks.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
You putting a turbo or DET in your car? If the remus has a inlet and outlet of 2.25 then putting a 3" pipe isn't going to change that. You'll need to get a 3" id muffler.

·
Registered
710 Posts
If you put a DET on, should you be running a 3" pipe?

And could the Greddy or Remus fit on that 3 inch pipe?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
A380Driver said:
If you put a DET on, should you be running a 3" pipe?

And could the Greddy or Remus fit on that 3 inch pipe?
You don't NEED to be running on a 3" pipe but that will get you the best power. You'll be fine with a Greddy exhaust. With a Remus you cna buy different sizes, I think. A 2.25" exhaust on a 3" pipe is a waste however.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-Forces said:

You don't NEED to be running on a 3" pipe but that will get you the best power. You'll be fine with a Greddy exhaust. With a Remus you cna buy different sizes, I think. A 2.25" exhaust on a 3" pipe is a waste however.
Agreed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I'm putting a DET in. You guys are right, I'm not so smart sometimes. I'm got an Apex N-1 3" to put on with the 3" catback. Now I have a Remus system that's only been on for 10 months if anyone's intrested (P10)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
g20ps said:
Ya, I'm putting a DET in. You guys are right, I'm not so smart sometimes. I'm got an Apex N-1 3" to put on with the 3" catback. Now I have a Remus system that's only been on for 10 months if anyone's intrested (P10)
I'm interested. I'll pm you about it to not clutter up the forum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a few interested people, so I think it's sold. If not, I'll let everyone know. (Sorry about this turning into a For Sale post in the Engine section...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts