Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a really sweet sounding exhaust coming from an Acura TL and I asked the owner what type of exhaust it was. He said it was a remus exhaust. Do they make the remus setup for the p11's? I don't want just the universal muffler (that does fit) but a full set-up, will any other model fit if they are not available for the p11 body type?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
You are basically going to have to get the muffler itself and get some custom piping for the cat back.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Sweet exhaust...

Remus makes a axle-back bolt on exhaust for all years of the G20. The 99' is a single tip, the 00+ are dual tip. I have seen them (at stillen) before, and they look pretty sweet too. I actually plan on getting the 00+ one for my ride, and cutting the bumper to fit.:beard:

They run $399 for the 99', and $499 for the 00+ MSRP. You can get them at least $50 cheeper if you buy them from a shop though.

If you click on the price guide on the remus website link posted above, you will get a more descriptive .pdf file which lists the actual years and model no.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Check out www.NOPI.com They have the best price that I have seen on the net.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Dpro has the remus canister on his car. It does sound really sweet. His was a custom jobbie.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I see the P10 rear section at Stillen, but do not see a P11 fitment. Does Stillen simply not show/carry the P11 part? Nopionline.com is also giving weird errors, so I can't look for it there.

Anybody know off the top of their heads what the pipe diameter is on the P10 rear section? I thought I also saw an aftermarket "b-pipe" for P10s once, aside from the GPP Evo. Hmm...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just finished installing the remus on my car. Stillen carries the rear section for 99s. The flanges do not line up with your stock mid pipe.

If i were to drive my car with stock exhaust and then remus, I would never tell the difference in terms of sound.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great, but your telling me that the exhaust does not make that light grrrrr noise that I heard from the TL. Is it really that quiet? Also this is a single exhaust right? It doesn't split up into two outlets on each side of the bumper?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Okay, so what about diameters..?

·
Registered
118 Posts
like you can barely hear it? Cuz I was looking for a quiet exhaust that looked decent...and was quiet. And how's the performance difference in it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
chalun823 said:
diameter of the tip: 3 1/2 inches

http://www.geocities.com/reindeerchalun823/DSCF0079.html

http://www.geocities.com/reindeerchalun823/DSCF0080.html

I could barely hear it at low rpms. If I rev to 6000 or so there is a low hum. To me I feel that it revs slightly quicker than stock, but not a big difference in performance IMO.

hmmm...if there is no difference in performance....I might as well just stick a tip on my stock muffler no?

oh and the links don't work

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah, the least you could do is get a muffler. The remus is a full exhaust, then you have people who just get the mufflers, and then theirs those that get just a tip. A tip will only give you looks and nothing else. I would invest my money in a muffler if you don't want a full exhaust.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Tip diameter? Sorry, but tip size concerns me about as much as fuzzy dice size. What's the inlet diameter of the muffler section? ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Where can you get custom piping done. I thought Stromung made a b pipe for the G? I would get that and the Remus.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your local muffler shop can do custom piping for you. It might not be that classy, but it works and cheap too. If you order custom piping, its really expensive and is usually offered in a chrome finish = more $$$

1 - 20 of 43 Posts