Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all hate those electrical connectors with the little wire that holds them all in place. Forever fumbling with a pick of sorts, cursing the thing to an eternal grave as you struggle getting the damn thing apart, then finally realizing you either bent the metal clip all to shit, or you broke the plastic part to tiny bits and pieces.

Well, I have a solution for all of you. This is stemming from the Z32 progress. The Z32 has these similar locking connectors on all the injectors, and the injectors are almost impossible to get to unless you remove the plenum...another major feat to do this...any hoo, several of the electrical components on the G have this same god damned connector.

The style of the connector is the EXACT same style known as the EV1 connector to the rest of the world, primarily used on aftermarket fuel injectors. The ONLY difference is the aligning *tooth* on the Nissan products is offset, on some of the connectors its not in the center, in this photo it is.

What you do is simply grind/file/sand off that tooth all the way back as show on this valve

Then the connector will simply slide on and lock in place.

There are a couple of different style of EV1 connectors. This particular style has a little push wire that releases the wire clip

This style Low Profile EV1 is a simple squeeze and remove feature, and can only be found here. www.connectorsfast.com It is a DIY install sort of thing.

Some come with pigtails, others like the LP EV1 require you to crimp and assemble some stuff. Pretty easy with simple tools. You can also order them with pigtail already attached, but its twice the price.

I HIGHLY recommend this mod, namely because its cool, and it will make life SO much easier if your digging around the motor a lot. All the connectors shown still retain the locking feature as that is on the side of the connection.

The only other thing I would add in, is to wrap the new connection with silicone tape (or electrical tape) to ensure its water resistance, the EV1LP connector does have a small gasket in there, but I wouldn't trust that under a high pressure washing. In addition, when you are swapping these things out, do one wire at a time to keep the polarity correct on the install.

I was also impressed with the quick shipment that Connectors Fast had to offer. I ordered on Sunday and received them today (Tuesday) via USPS priority mail.

www.connectorsfast.com

Yet another cool perk for you sponsors here, thanks once again for the support.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a problem, the only thing, this is strictly for the two wire connectors of this type...the MAF uses a slightly different one.

These are a couple of the senders that use this particular connection....im sure there are others.
IACV
Temp Sender (ECU)
Knock Sensor
EVAP
MAP/BARO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts