Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my daughter a 2000 G20 that has both headlight housings cracked and broken and it will not pass inspection. I have 3 choices: Find used ones at a junk yard, order the housing only on line for about $150 each, or buy a Primera OEM from a seller in Japan on e-bay (cost, including shipping, is about the same as the cost of the housing alone here). My question, if somebody can help, is if I bought the Primera ones, is there any modifications that need to be done to fit a G20? I asked the seller from ebay and they said that the fitting is ok, but the wiring connectors are different. Can anybody tell me if it is worth it to get these or should I just get housings or junk ones here? I like the look of the Primera ones, but didn't know how difficult it would be to use them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Basically clip the wires & match em up. Can be done in 10 minutes.
There's someone on here selling P11 headlights if you dont want the JDM ones.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The JDM headlights
-are made of glass, therefore do not suffer from oxidation from the oem headlights
-could be found for ~$200 if you're lucky and can be shipped to the US in days
-do require some modification just for the wiring, not the fitment. The wires pretty much match up, and I could walk you through as well if needed. It's not complicated at all.
-need a bit of adjusting because the beam direction is made for a right hand drive vehicle.

If your daughter could care less about the looks and would rather just go the cheaper route to pass inspections, just buy the used ones from the link dave posted. There are several others here that are selling theirs for ~$100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts