Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 G20 and I want to know how to replace the blower moter resistor. I know where is it and I can unplug it but im not sure how to remove it, Because it connected to a cable. I other thing is, is there anyway that I can fix it my self or do I have to buy a new one?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Iirc it is screwed in place. Just unplug the connector and unscrew it. You could fix it but you have to know the resistance of the resistors. You're better off replacing it with a new one or a used one in good condition.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There is a step by step how to with pictures availlable, try searching for it.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Push the clip and pull the wire connector off, then unscrew the two screws...the whole unit comes out. Replace it with the new one and reconnect the wire connector.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just did this this morning. It was so easy I was shocked. Get the part at everythingg20 for $15 and you'll figure out what goes where. Four blower settings are wonderful! :teeth:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys thank you very very much. I just wish I could get my handbrake issue set and my car would be in a little better shape.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok I got it out but I dont know how it works? I dont get how it controls the fan speed, it looks like it controls the tempture or something.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
It's a resistor. Depending on which path the current takes the resistance will be different so the fan runs slower on the paths with more resistance. That's why number four works as it bypasses the resistors.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
markbuts3 said:
It's a resistor. Depending on which path the current takes
So it doesn't really make it windy outside too ? :surprised

:lick:

·
Registered
340 Posts
quoted from
markbuts3
Premium Member

#10 Mar 18, 2006

"It's a resistor. Depending on which path the current takes the resistance will be different so the fan runs slower on the paths with more resistance. That's why number four works as it bypasses the resistors."

I have a new blower motor resistor. Numbers 1 - 3 on the fan settings work, but NOT number 4 (High fan). If Number 4 bypasses the resistor, what could be causing the High fan (4) not to come on?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts