Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help with my stock suspension. I have a p11 and looking to replace the stock suspension with something more aggressive. I want it a little lower not too much and want to have the same comfort ride. I drive this car as my daily car and in the city so i want to keep it a little lower and the ride as stock as possible.

any idea.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Here's a set of Tein SS's for sale.

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55456

I have them as do alot of others on this forum. I've set mine for a 35mm drop and I love the look now. I had them set to a 50mm drop, (see the pic in my signature below) but it looked too low for my liking.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a full coilovers set up and i don't like it. The ride is very hard. I use my car as a daily car and i also work in the city with all the pot holes. Any idea

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
I run KYB AGX's/tein s-techs for my P10. I know you can get H&R springs for the P11, and from what i've seen with other cars, they are some of the best springs you can get. i really havent researched much for the P11 since i don't have one but i'm sure everyone can chime in on their opinions about suspension setups.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
G20 Touring said:
My ride is so bad with the coil-over i have now i am installing my stock suspension back on today/
Really? What coil-over set do you have, that it's that bad? Did you buy them new or used? IF used, how old or mileage were on them? I've got Tein SS's, and I just raised them from a 50mm drop to only a 35mm drop, and I love them even more now. And to boot, the Tein's also have 16 steps of internal valve adjustment, which is easily accessed from the top of each strut.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
G20 Touring said:
My ride is so bad with the coilover i have now i am installing my stock suspension back on today/
Its a NY thing. I tried coilovers too and its been horrible. I miss my tein s and gr2 setup. I think that is the best for a daily driver. Add MEP mounts when available and you have a winning combo.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Try Koni RED with Eibach Pro kit for springs. Available at Tirerack, amongst others. It lowers the car decently and feels quite comfortable. With MEP-mounts added, you will have a comfortable ride.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
G20 Touring said:
I have the jic magic and i bought them new.
Ah! I thought I've read on this forum that the JIC's are a stiffer setup. Also, setting them too low doesn't help! LOL Put it this way, when I first installed my Tein SS's, I'm glad I didn't use Teins recommended setting. I upped the adjustment by 10mm. If I had gone with what they recommends, I would have had a 60mm drop. I don't live in a sunny state, I live in the great white north! Without going to bigger wheels right away, I was riding on stock 15" tires/rims. Immediately, I noticed ho much smoother the ride was! And my car only had about 65,000 miles on it. Once I put on the 17's, the nice cushy ride went out the window! lol Bigger rims is only for looks! Not ride comfort and even handling to an extent. You need some sidewall to help absorb the bumps & pot holes..... LOL Anyhow, if you are riding on big rims, maybe try out a smaller size with your JIC's to see if that makes a difference? I'm sure there's another g20.net member close by that might have a set for you to try out. Hope this helps!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts