Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last used oil analysis showed that I need to replace the PCV, and I know it's a cheap part, but I'm not quite sure where it is or how to do it?

Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks,

- Anthony

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
its on your valve cover and sure it's a 14mm wrench. will take ya about 2 min to replace!!!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
pcv valve cleaning/ replacing
here you go, I just bought the part from the dealer for $24.. they even threw in a free hat and keychain INFINITI FTW!

Edit: NISSAN part # 11810-79E01
Valve control
incase you want it from a nissan dealership, heck might even be cheaper, try everythingg20.com

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow that is really easy! :p

I'm going to go to my Nissan dealership and pick one up.

Thanks....

·
Registered
462 Posts
ok that was funny 24 for a pcv! lol which nissan dealer was that. You need to report them to nissan motor for fraud and deceptive trade violation, also give a call to your attorney general to do a follow up for such claim.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
dang, I got ripped... Oh well, it's an infinity dealership in Rockville MD. I bought some other stuff from them, Valve cover gasket, spark plug gaskets, Cruise control cut off switch, PCV, and some tubing... around 100 total... oh well :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pmaadani said:
ok that was funny 24 for a pcv! lol which nissan dealer was that. You need to report them to nissan motor for fraud and deceptive trade violation, also give a call to your attorney general to do a follow up for such claim.
Are you serious? Dealerships are allowed to charge whatever they want. They are independent and not regulated by Nissan North America. If you go to three different Nissan dealers in your area, they will all most likely have different prices on the exact same parts.

I'll run to my Nissan dealer and get an oil filter and the PCV valve tomorrow morning and change it.

Thanks for the help....

- Anthony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts