Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just started installing these goodridge brake lines but the fronts don't look right i know some people have installed these is this how they are supposed to be installed??

·
Registered
415 Posts
well do you see the little brass flange looking thing, there are some clips that you use to secure it. The line should make a little loop and be secured and it gives the line enough room to move with the wheels,

if i had some time i would take a picture but i have to get ready for work

joe

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that how the crown lines are attached on your car? there is no clip on my car the fronts attach like this:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump my car is just sitting here can't drive it until i can here from someone that has installed these, sent an email to everythingg20 but haven't heard back yet

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
might have to do that just to get rolling :( , where it bolts to the caliper it doesn't fit into the factory slots so more than likely it will eventually work its way loose probably on an offramp :(

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
echandler said:
might have to do that just to get rolling :( , where it bolts to the caliper it doesn't fit into the factory slots so more than likely it will eventually work its way loose probably on an offramp :(
Me finks you have the wrong pipes :*(

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
I know some later P10s have the midpoint supported the same as the P11, but most have the square block as shown in your second pic. Cable ties will be fine, I did the same with my ABS wires on the rear of my car as the D2s don't have the attachment points.

P10 flexis....

Attachments

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Bodger ;)

I returned my Black diamond pipes (No retaining method at all) ........... Told em to shove em' where the sun don't shine ......... Then spent the money on beer & loose women ............. I'm fine but my brakes are still crap :(

Link to some brake pipe photos that might help :naughty:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys these lines arn't designed for my car, everythingg20 hasn't returned my email yet i'm not sure i'm cool with zipties i'll have to go back to factory lines if everythingg20 doesn't have the correct lines (can get factory lines at the shucks down the street and be up and running asap)

damn only pic i could find of goodridge lines installed on a p10 or p11 these are a p11 i think:

·
Registered
663 Posts
echandler said:
Thanks guys these lines arn't designed for my car, everythingg20 hasn't returned my email yet i'm not sure i'm cool with zipties i'll have to go back to factory lines if everythingg20 doesn't have the correct lines (can get factory lines at the shucks down the street and be up and running asap)

damn only pic i could find of goodridge lines installed on a p10 or p11 these are a p11 i think:

My P10 is just like that...

Mike

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sent another email to everythingg20 but no reply yet, anyone with this style of brake line upgrade to ss steel lines? does crown have a set that would work?

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Could allways use the original kinked fitting that you took off ya know ? :scream:

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
echandler said:
sent another email to everythingg20 but no reply yet, anyone with this style of brake line upgrade to ss steel lines? does crown have a set that would work?

Use the fone & swear a bit ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well ok i just heard back from everythingg20 i think they may have seen this thread, but owell, they recommended just zip tieing it also, i'll do what they say and if it doesn't work out and my brake lines bust and i rearend someone because they don't work right then i'll know who to talk to, the expensive brake lines from napa are $36 a piece for the fonts and i don't even want to know what infiniti charges lol so i did a test fit and get some zip ties tomorrow, it'll be a whack job but its not a show car.
http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=BA&PartNumber=0731550&Description=Brake+Hose+-+Right+Front

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
so heres what i ended up with the green ties are just temperary, left the fit loose because thats just the way it seems to work best if its tied down too tight then it puts stress on the fitting at the caliper, that piece of plastic is there to protect it from the metal parts which are kind of sharp and the metal fitting thing slides up and down so i put it there to protect the line from the metal also, would LOVE TO SEE SOME ONE ELSE SETUP!!!

heres where the old cheap brake line was leaking:

final test fit i'll secure everything with zipties before monday hopefully:

heres a shot of the fitting attached to the caliper notice it doesn't go into the stock location, its only wrenched on their slightly and its pretty much rock solid hopefully it won't loosen this is the part that has me the most concerned but like i said its really on there even thou its not torqued down yet, more than likely it won't move ever:

and heres a shot of the rear brake line at least that went in correctly:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts