Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a couple old posts on this but they were a little vague. where exactly is the screw you turn to reset the ecu on the p10. ive gathered its somewhere on the passenger side behind a panel, but id like a little better description than that. im trying to advance the timing on my 91 g20 (this is my first 'mod'). and the ecu should be reset after everything else is done, correct?
oh also, where is the idle adjust screw, just in case i have problems stalling out...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i was out messing with the car and i can see a metal box thing under the ashtray that says 12V DO NOT DROP on it. im guessing this is the ecu. my question now is do you have to take the whole center console thing out to get at the reset screw, or do you use the panel on the passenger side (for a p10)? i tried to the get side panel off but i couldnt get it to move. i found 2 screws right above the passengers feet and 2 more inside the glovebox on the top. are there any more? please help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ive answered my own question, but for anyone else who wants to know, to get at the p10 ecu, there is a plastic panel on the left side of where the passenger's feet go in the back with 1 screw in it. the ecu is right behind it. you do not need to remove the center console, although you might need to take out one screw holding it to get the ecu's plastic panel out. if you find yourself removing more than 2 screws, you are looking at the wrong panel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
center console

okay oldazz the center console has six screws i believe ,2 at the front ,2 in the middle when you take out the middle part and two at the back towards the bottom, once you remove all the screws ,the part around the gears shift you should be able to pop out,there's also two peices almost under the dash that you have to remove once thats done you should be able to see the ecu.hopefully that help you, good luck.=)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i did find that. that was the vague description i was talking about.
"1. Locate the ECU (under your dash in the center console passenger side). You need to remove a plastic panel to access the ECU."

it just says "a plastic panel." but in any case i found it.
now i just have to waste half a tank of 87 octane before i advance it. is it safe to run 91 octane at 19* because ive seen a lot of things saying 92 or 93 is better but most gas stations around here only have 91.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
IMO You should not advance timing over 17 degrees. It is safe to run 91 octane with 17 degrees. 19 degrees just seems to close to possible detonation for me. Play it safe and stay within the 15 degrees +/-2. You will notice an increase in throttle response at 17 degrees.

Again, this is personal opinion as well as several other threads have discussed this same thing and the verdict was to stay at 17 degrees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts