Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I race my 2001 Infiniti G20 and i need all the RPM's i got, the last race the car started missing around 6500, runs fine until then and it won't go pass that, just starts missing bad, i have replaced O2 spensors and still didn't help... anybody have any ideas??

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
IBTL as well but my guess is the rev limiter on a the RR. Weren't those low like 6500?

·
Registered
691 Posts
IBTL as well but my guess is the rev limiter on a the RR. Weren't those low like 6500?
ur right, but i wasnt thinking that cause with his wording its as if in his last "race" he didnt have this issue

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
Is this something that hase always happened?
If not I would get a gst with live data to see whats going on. have a freind drive the car while you monitor what is going on.

any recent tuneup and fuel filter change?
i dont know what the rev limit is on the rr ecu

·
Registered
691 Posts
Is this something that hase always happened?
If not I would get a gst with live data to see whats going on. have a freind drive the car while you monitor what is going on.

any recent tuneup and fuel filter change?
i dont know what the rev limit is on the rr ecu
what they stated as right,

and if it were ur weak springs, the car would stop itself from revving, it would continue tor ev. the springs and head internals would just break

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
arev limitor is a rev limitor it cuts fuel and ignition to point so one can not drive to high an rpm., i have how ever removed mine. i have driven my high port to very high rpm.

if one changes parts in the head it does not change the limit. it changes its ability to take on high rpm but the ecu is what allows it to go their,

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bhowle/retard, when you run a motor at high rpms all the time like i do because i race it on a dirt track, your valve springs will wear out, kinda like how nascar guys replace them after every race, and once your valve springs get wore out your valve will start floating earlier.. so thanks for the comment and i will have fun "wasting" money putting valve springs in.. anyways how do you remove or advance your rev limiter on these.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
These are not NASCAR engines, in case you didn't notice. The rev limiter is deliberately low so that it's impossible to float the valves, and tests have shown that you won't on an SR20 until around 8200 rpm. Either way, the valve springs aren't about to wear out, and I'm pretty sure bhowle knows way more about motors than you do.

In answer to your rev limiter question, you need a customized ECU (JWT or Calum).

·
Registered
691 Posts
Bhowle is also right yet again, u will waste money buying valve springs if ur rev limiter is still there

·
3 Hole Bumper Guru
4,531 Posts
before you start calling people retard's on this forum, check the fact that people have been giving you input on your problem...

to come back calling someone a retard isnt gonna get you far when your a n00b on this site...

BTW Bhowle might be retarded but he's the smartest retard I know and he's always helpful...

·
Registered
541 Posts
You know, instead of calling someone names, you should read this topic: [ http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16497 ]

You could have found it by doing a search.

bhowle/retard, when you run a motor at high rpms all the time like i do because i race it on a dirt track, your valve springs will wear out, kinda like how nascar guys replace them after every race, and once your valve springs get wore out your valve will start floating earlier.. so thanks for the comment and i will have fun "wasting" money putting valve springs in.. anyways how do you remove or advance your rev limiter on these.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got new valve springs in and car runs like new... guess it wasn't a waste of money.. thanks alot for your guys help!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts