Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
2K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  95g ATL 
#1 ·
I race my 2001 Infiniti G20 and i need all the RPM's i got, the last race the car started missing around 6500, runs fine until then and it won't go pass that, just starts missing bad, i have replaced O2 spensors and still didn't help... anybody have any ideas??

#11 ·
Is this something that hase always happened?
If not I would get a gst with live data to see whats going on. have a freind drive the car while you monitor what is going on.

any recent tuneup and fuel filter change?
i dont know what the rev limit is on the rr ecu

#12 ·
what they stated as right,

and if it were ur weak springs, the car would stop itself from revving, it would continue tor ev. the springs and head internals would just break

#13 ·
arev limitor is a rev limitor it cuts fuel and ignition to point so one can not drive to high an rpm., i have how ever removed mine. i have driven my high port to very high rpm.

if one changes parts in the head it does not change the limit. it changes its ability to take on high rpm but the ecu is what allows it to go their,

#14 ·
bhowle/retard, when you run a motor at high rpms all the time like i do because i race it on a dirt track, your valve springs will wear out, kinda like how nascar guys replace them after every race, and once your valve springs get wore out your valve will start floating earlier.. so thanks for the comment and i will have fun "wasting" money putting valve springs in.. anyways how do you remove or advance your rev limiter on these.

#15 ·
These are not NASCAR engines, in case you didn't notice. The rev limiter is deliberately low so that it's impossible to float the valves, and tests have shown that you won't on an SR20 until around 8200 rpm. Either way, the valve springs aren't about to wear out, and I'm pretty sure bhowle knows way more about motors than you do.

In answer to your rev limiter question, you need a customized ECU (JWT or Calum).

#17 ·
before you start calling people retard's on this forum, check the fact that people have been giving you input on your problem...

to come back calling someone a retard isnt gonna get you far when your a n00b on this site...

BTW Bhowle might be retarded but he's the smartest retard I know and he's always helpful...

#22 ·
This thread needs tags....fixed.

#26 ·
not to sound any way are recomend this but i have raced an aveneir engine for a very long time and i have reved it some times highr tham 9k rpm with out a problem. i never had a vale spring problem. i did not intentionally rev that high but when you get power and wheel spin than it goes up very fast.

#27 ·
you drive a g20 on a dirt track? :baffled:
I need to see PICS of this.

....and Bryan isn't a retard...."us guys from da souf, ain't likin' them words".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.