Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that we have some good P10 coilover options, I thought it would be a good idea to contribute my impressions of the Agility coilovers, which I purchased around Christmas 2008 to replace my blown front shocks. (I don't do things by half-measures!) Because the relevant information is scattered in posts throughout the thread, I have a few of the important posts linked here.

Unboxing photos
Install hints
Driving impressions

Spring rates:

Front: 8 kg/mm (448 lb/in)
Rear: 6 kg/mm (336 lb/in)

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well, it's not a review yet. Right now I just have some photos from the unboxing.

The coilovers come with a dampening adjuster, a height adjustment wrench, and a 1-year warranty:

Some pics of the coilovers:

Nice sturdy mounts on the rears:

The dampening adjuster knobs actually have detents for each adjustment, rather than a smooth knob:

Also, unlike AGXes, the rear coilovers have the knobs on the tops of the mounts, meaning you have to get under the package shelf if you want to change settings:

Cat not included:

Just for fun, I wanted to see how much the coilovers could be adjusted from their shipped height. Here are the front ones:

And here are the rears:

Stay tuned for updates once I get them on my car!

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have the Sport wheels on when I can afford tires for them... so probably they'll sit around while I'm at college until Spring Break. Coilovers are going on as soon as I get my new transmission, though. ;)

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those look great! I'm excited to see what your reviews on them are. What springrates did you end up going with (or what do they come with)? Subscribing for updates.
I believe they come with 6k/8k (I think I saw Cavern say that). There's no option to change that on their site, but maybe if you call them it would be possible. Either way, Cavern said they ride as good as or better than stock if you set them pretty soft and preload them properly, and that they are plenty stiff for track use when set on the harder settings. We'll see if I agree with him about the ride compared to stock. ;) (I actually think the stock early P10 ride quality is a bit harsh for daily driving, although I'm willing to put up with it for the fun I can have.)

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So:

8 (kg / mm) = 447.979317 pounds / in
and
6 (kg / mm) = 335.984488 pounds / in

Which is the front and which is the rear?
I think it's 6k front and 8k rear, but Cavern would know better than me.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i believe it should be 8k front and 6k rear. thats usualy a FF setup. but this is agility so maybe they do things different. hope u enjoy. it takes about 2 weeks for the bouncyness to go away. my AMRs stopped bouncing after 2 weeks of daily driving.

coilovers ftw! :)

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
it takes about 2 weeks for the bouncyness to go away. my AMRs stopped bouncing after 2 weeks of daily driving.

coilovers ftw! :)
Did the bouncyness go away, or did you just get used to it?
I know what you mean, mine were the same way.

·
Administrator
5,872 Posts
8k is the front and 6k is the rear.

When you install these I highly recommend leaving no preload on the springs until everything settles in, then play around with it from there if you feel the ride isn't as you'd like.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 20 of 37 Posts