Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is probably gonna be short because I'm exhausted and need to get up early. The bar came yesterday and was awesomely packed and obviously made with quality in mind. I then proceeded to do the whole rear of the car tear-apart that we all love so much (ugh...I think this is the last time for me...I did my rear speakers while I was in there just so I don't have to do this again.) As Chuck mentioned in his initial post regarding the bar, there was some wiring that needed to be moved and the zip-ties pryed out of their eyelets in order for the bar to go down properly. It was a tight fit, but I didn't have to do any modification to anything except the wiring whatsoever. It bolted right down and looks like it came stock with the car. I love the low profile of this bar...a superb design, what with not having to cut the rear deck and all. I then put everything back together again, being as careful as possible not to damage the headliner and actually succeeding for the first time! I took it out for a tiny spin but I was pretty tired and will know more about the way it actually handles in the morning. I just went around a couple of blocks, and though I didn't notice anything drastically different in the handling at the time, I did notice that all the change that was in my coin tray when I left was on the floor when I got back. =) So something must be working right! Anyway, I'll post more tomorrow when I've gotten to drive a little more with it on.

Thanks for a great product, Chuck! Now invent a new p10 rear seat configuration that's idiot-proof!

-Nelson

p.s. In case it's relevant to this topic, my other suspension mods are a front strut tower bar, Tein springs and KYB GR-2's. Hopefully I'll get some sway bars soon!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, just an update on this bar...I've had a chance to take the car out and about on the freeway and I can really tell a difference at higher speeds when changing lanes. This thing turns like an R/C car now, with almost no body roll whatsoever. I can really feel that the back end of my car is much tighter now, handling-wise. Great quality mod for a minimal amount of money! Thanks again!!

-N

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I second all that was just said. This strut bar was top notch. Made with care, and with our purposes in mind. After I installed this bar and a front strut bar the car took corners with finess rather than the jerky dip it made before. It completely changes the feel of my ride, and I thank him (Octo, not god :dead: for its production).

·
Old Man Brian
7,571 Posts
popthedwarf said:
I second all that was just said. This strut bar was top notch. Made with care, and with our purposes in mind. After I installed this bar and a front strut bar the car took corners with finess rather than the jerky dip it made before. It completely changes the feel of my ride, and I thank him (Octo, not god :dead: for its production).
I'll have to "THIRD" all that was said. Just finished the install of the Octobar and the KYB adjustables. OMG, the car has been transformed into a go cart!

YES, the interior removal is a PAIN IN THE ASS...! Other than that, easy. =)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
These bars are wicked cool...

Even though I had blown rear dampeners on both sides, I could still feel the difference as it stabalized the rear more than without. So it does do something...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I noticed a big difference on sharp turns, the rear comes out a bit which is a good thing for me. Car doesn't understeer as bad as before. I can't wait until I get a rear sway bar to see how big of a difference that makes.

(First Sponsorship post!!!)

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Well, with all of these great review's on Octo's RSTB, I guess I should install mine? =)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
hell yea man..jus dun tighten em too much.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
u just run the risk of stripping the bolt. I beleive it's 13-16 lbs trq.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hamzer11 said:
Curious why you say not to tighten them too much.. did you have a problem?
well iunno i cant blame the strut bar for doin its job..i musta hit a bad ditch and the impact snapped one of the strut mount bolts on the pass side..im not sure if the impact also effed up the other mount i havent checked..i torqued them with a torque wrench..but the strut bar..god damn it makes a diff...

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
GDub26 said:
well iunno i cant blame the strut bar for doin its job..i musta hit a bad ditch and the impact snapped one of the strut mount bolts on the pass side..im not sure if the impact also effed up the other mount i havent checked..i torqued them with a torque wrench..but the strut bar..god damn it makes a diff...
One question, was it the inner middle bolt?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i would have to say that it was..the front one closer to the middle..now its making this screeking noise..annoying...

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
That's very interesting. It must be the strut bar. I have ksport coilovers and when I went to remove the strut bar the middle bolt actually came free meaning that as I am trying to loosen the nut on top the whole bolt is spinning free. The ksport quality wasn't good. The bolt isn't welded or it just has these groves where its suppose to lock into the top mount. I think the strut bar is pulling the top mount bolts too hard inward. The one that this effects the most is the middle one. Now I gotta get a replacement bolt and have it welded from the bottom, in fact I will have all of them welded.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
yea go figure man..now im lookin for some mounts..they sell em at everythingg20.com but i wanna shop around..

·
Registered
978 Posts
i installed this beast last night (finally).
it rocks my world.

I would like to re-iterate mhy post here. I was completely drunk when I posted.

However, it still holds true. The car is ALOT tighter around turns, and merging in and out of traffic quickly is awesome. It controls alot smoother...and has less body roll. And this is on stock suspension!

Now if only there was an octotat p11 fstb.... :)

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
^^^ditto on the FSTB :geek:

I installed my RSTB last night and the G handles soooooo much better =) It really is like driving a go-kart hahaha I felt a big difference taking those on-ramps that loop onto the freeway. Not that I was really going fast or anything :shifty: but it really felt like I could have taken those turns at like a brazillian miles per hour :p

Overall rating: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
+1 10 outof 10 for the p11 rear bar had them on 2 diff g's and it makes a big diff..

going to get one again when i find one for the current g

1 - 19 of 19 Posts