Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally have a few hundred miles on my new tires wrapping my new BBS wheels. And so far, they are great.

Sumitomo HTR ZIII's - 215/45/17's 37psi front, 34psi rear
BBS RC wheels - 17x7, ET42, 4X114.3 only

The wheels really need no review - they are fairly light (17 lbs.), polished and German - what else can I say?

On to the tires:

Price: 10/10.
Probably one of the best values in Max Performance Summer tires. Are they equivalent to Michelins or Yoko Advans? Probably not. But they are probably 90-95% as grippy at 1/3-1/2 the price.

Treadwear: Reserved for later.
Too early to tell...will update in a few thousand miles. I don't expect that they will last 30k miles...but time will tell.

Dry Grip: 9/10.
Very sticky for a 300 wear rating. Nice stiff sidewalls...no where near the flex I felt from the Fuzion HRi's that these replaced. Steering response is crisp and almost immediate. My only complaint so far is that the rears were a little twitchy at first...but I think that had to do with a combination of mold release wearing off and too much PSI in them at first. This has improved dramatically in the last two weeks - so I don't think it is going to be a problem long-term...

Wet Grip: 8.5/10.
This is about the only area where the Fuzions were better. But even so, they were only marginally better. No noticeable hydroplaning. Good steering response - just not as crisp as on the dry. Obviously...that much response could be a little dangerous in the rain.

Noise: 9/10.
Surprisingly quiet for a Y-rated tire. There is a little hum at 45+mph...but nothing that drowns out the factory stereo. WAY quieter than the Fuzions.

Ride Quality: 10/10 - at least right now.
Very smooth - stiff, but smooth. No balancing issues at all. They do flat-spot a little over night...but this smooths out within a mile or so. Probably has to do with the slightly cool morning temperatures, because I don't feel it when I get in the car in the afternoons - or even in the morning when it is above 60 deg F.

All in all...I highly recommend them. The only thing I noticed is that they run a little large. The clearance in the wheel well is close when I have the steering cut all the way - no rubbing, even on U-turns...but they are close to the rear part of the well when the wheels are turned out.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got mine for about $100 less than that through Tire Rack.

- $404 for the tires & shipping
- $60 for mounting & balancing

I also already had the valve stems for my BBS wheels...so that knocked off like $12.

Tire Rack has them for $86 each in 215/45/17's. FWIW, I entered your info and got a total price of $401 shipped to your door. So, the $560 out the door seems a little pricey to me...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i figured the douch bag at BIg O was trying to rip me of.
thanks
It happens. I suggest finding a reputable installer near you, and order them from Tire Rack. No sales tax...only shipping.

Tire Rack has a list of preferred installers on their site. I used one of them...but I already knew who I wanted to install them before I even ordered them. I don't trust just anyone with my $$$$ wheels...

·
^-*
3,201 Posts
just got some for the rear of my moms benz

they do handle nicei must say

pricey though paid 450 installed:baffled:
245/40/17

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got some for the rear of my moms benz

they do handle nicei must say

pricey though paid 450 installed:baffled:
245/40/17
WOW...that is pricey. I only paid $464 installed for all 4 corners 215/45/17.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yeah i figured the douch bag at BIg O was trying to rip me of.
thanks
Big O will price match tirerack btw.

Also ive gone through a set of these tires and they were awesome.
Same ratings as above, lasted me ~30k miles of spirited driving.

For the price they stuck to the road very well, only have had issues since they are basically at the wear bars now.

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a budget performance tire. I plan to buy another set here soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts