Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay to start, these are NOT the cheapest coil overs on the market by any means, but I was fortunate enough to acquire a new set from www.gspec.com, they are special order thru him, but able to get them none the less.

The setup that was way overdue for replacement on the P11 was ground control (eibach) springs, with AGX's on there. Spring rates were 400 lb front, 380 lb rear, with GC top hats on the front. Also on the car, super pro upper link bushings, front LCA bushings and rear trailing arm bushings. Coupled with strut bars front and rear.

Installation was pretty straight forward, simply remove old suspension and put in the new. The only recommendation I have is....if you don't have your stock top spring perches, go get some before the install. Reason being, without the stock perches, the P11 will sit uncomfortably low to the ground, about 1.5" lower than what the TEIN SS were designed for, and you will scrape the wheel wells up front when turning. If this is your first coilover setup going from stock, spring compressors are recommended to get the stock perch off the shock setup. Be safe, not stupid.

The TEIN SS spring rates are 391 lb up front, and 335 lb in back. Within 2% in the front and 12% in the rear that what I was running prior. These rates are pretty comfortable, you will feel most bumps in the road, but since Ive been running the GC's for so long, it wasnt much of a difference for me there.

Where the TIEN's really shined was the dampening. My AGX's were pretty decent on the get go, but over the years deteriorated to the point where one of the rears was blown, and the rest had very little in the form of dampening.

Since I'm getting old, I was looking for a more comfortable ride, with the ability to tune it up if ever need be. I have the dampeners set at 12 clicks from the softest setting and I tell you what, this is one dampener that can handle the bumps. It was a night and day difference, long hauls will definitely be more comfy, and getting down on it, will be a simple adjustment.

I am still fine tuning the setup over the next couple weeks, but I will say the height adjustment on the fronts is difficult with the shocks on the car. This is due to the limited space you have to get the massive wrenches on the coil overs, I resorted to pulling the shock and adjusting them off the car. Kind of a pain, but the easiest way to do it. The rears have enough room back there for adjustments on the car.

Yep, Id have to recommend this setup, and give it an 10/10 on installation, a 9/10 on performance (spring rates may be too high for a super comfortable ride, the TEIN NA setup is ultra comfortable for the P11, but is no longer available) 5/10 on adjustment, namely due to the fronts.

Enjoy.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
So true. I have helped Slimlou installing these on his G20 P11 and also Lucas of the NCN (Dutch Nissan Club) on his Primera P11-144 Hatchback, which has the EUDM shock towers. We managed w/o major issues and this is one set-up I would recomend and like to have too. Price + shipping make it very expensive for us EU-guys. It beats every set-up I saw up to now though. GL with your kit.

·
Registered
966 Posts
+1 Love my SS's. Nice firm ride with plenty of adjustability. I do wish it were easier to adjust the ride hieght on the fronts though. I might be picking up an EDFC for easy damping adjustment in the near future.:naughty:

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
I luv'm! I've had the dampening set to the mid-point (8th click) in all four corners since Loek & I installed them (thanks again Loek! I MISS wrenching with you!) but I realized that that was just low, especially up front. A little while back, I bumped the fronts up to the 11th click, and what a difference! I'm not bottoming out up front. It's a bit of a PITA to adjust the rears with the trunk liners in (I didn't make any holes to get the allen key adjuster in yet) but when I install the new trunk liners I got, I'll make the holes, so I can adjust the rears as I see fit!

·
Top5DOA
1,967 Posts
The install was a pita but doable for any Noob with the nessesary tools.
I like the damping adjustments, I set it on soft when I DD and stiffen it up for canyon runs.
vs. Stock its soo much more predictable when u turn.
I give tein SS for the P11 a +1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts