Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 with factory foglights. Is there any way to rewire them so that they come on with the parking lights instead of just the low beams? That way the foglights will stay on with the hi beams as well. I've seen this done on a P11, but the relay and wire colors for the P10 foglights are different. If it's possible, please let me know how it can be done. Thanks.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
i dont know either, but i have to ask you a question. i took off my bumper last night and noticed two wires not being used, one on each side of the car by the wheel well. are these for foglights? they are pretty long and are down by where foglights would be.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Money G20 said:
I have a '96 with factory foglights. Is there any way to rewire them so that they come on with the parking lights instead of just the low beams? That way the foglights will stay on with the hi beams as well. I've seen this done on a P11, but the relay and wire colors for the P10 foglights are different. If it's possible, please let me know how it can be done. Thanks.

be quiet saying that 'round here. Brian did a write up on his car. He might get mad that you have not acknowledged him in doing so. B-boogie look hiim up and under his profile there should be some kind of link. I've seen it before

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I got mine from Scottdale Infiniti very cheap like $150 and it was so easy to do that I did it myslef becuase it is prewired .... changing the bulbs afterwards was harder:-\

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
P10 WRC said:
if they are pre wired where can i get some fog lights? how much are they? and do they look good?

Get the factory ones. I think they make the car look 10x better. Dont buy aftermakets. I think they look ricey except one set that go on the civic but we aint got civics!:monkey:

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
interesting...

my dealer told me to forget about the factory ones because they are crap.. and recommended aftermarket and where to even buy them... go figure!!!

I originally wanted factory myself but was told not to bother...

So someone with factory ones, are they crap? are they good? what?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I like my factory one .... aftermarket ones on the P10 look kindy tacky to me....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: interesting...

Chris said:
I don't know why anyone would say they're crap. I've used them in thick fog with 2 feet visibility and they are very effective. I'm using PIAA Ions and they look great day or night. Maybe there are better ones out there, but the stock ones look nice 'cause they look like they're part of the car. Some bolted on fog lights look cheesy.

;)

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Re: Re: interesting...

Chris said:
my dealer told me to forget about the factory ones because they are crap.. and recommended aftermarket and where to even buy them... go figure!!!

I originally wanted factory myself but was told not to bother...

Was this guy on crack? The factory foggies look amazing! Look at Shawn(Poppy_morenito)'s car it looks amazing with foglights

poppy_morenito said:
I like my factory one .... aftermarket ones on the P10 look kindy tacky to me....

Mike.Com said:

I don't know why anyone would say they're crap. I've used them in thick fog with 2 feet visibility and they are very effective. I'm using PIAA Ions and they look great day or night. Maybe there are better ones out there, but the stock ones look nice 'cause they look like they're part of the car. Some bolted on fog lights look cheesy.

;)

Aftermarkets look like sh!ET plain and simple

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Ummm, so where exactly would I go about trying to acquire a set of factory foglights?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Scottsdale Infiniti or infinitipartsusa.com

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Re: except....

Chris said:
Their website only lists foglights for the 98-02 G20.... and not the p10.. what gives?
Call and ask during business hours a few people have caught them onsale for 130 bucks

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Do the factory fog lights have an amber light or a white light. I want the to match my PIAA Xtreme Whites. Can I just change the bulbs? Need info please...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They come with normal H3 halogen bulbs. (white) I believe PIAA makes a H3 bulb in the Xtreme White series, but I don't know for sure if it's the same wattage as the factory bulb. I believe the factory bulb is only 55 watt while the PIAA Xtreme White H3 bulb is 100 watt. I'm not positive about this, so check it out for yourself.

As far as changing the bulb, I've read on some of the other threads on this site that people have had trouble getting their aftermarket bulb to fit properly. The easy solution there is to modify the bulb housing once instead of modifying the bulb every time. It's a quick mod...I think you just have to grind off a plastic tab. I've never done this, but do a search and find the thread. It will have all the info you'll need.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
o.k.

I found out that it is really difficult to change the wiring from factory settings. It can be done but you'd have to know what you are doing and basically re-do the wiring...

I was told that the early 91 and 92 factory foglights were complete crap but were redone in 94 to much better looking/functioning..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts