Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anybody do a write up on re-wiring side repeaters so they stay on with your headlights or parking/clearance light? I want them to stay on while my headlights are on and not just come on when I use my turn signal :p how would you do it? I'm not too tech with wiring and electrical stuff. :-\

·
Registered
677 Posts
um its very simple, just splice wires into your running lights

·
Registered
20 Posts
zenfish said:
um its very simple, just splice wires into your running lights

Yeah, exactly.

There are 2 wires, 1 ground, 1 power. Black is ground. Go to your local parts store, autozone, pep boys, checker. Or even radio shack, and get or ask for some line splicers, they are kinda like a T shaped piece of plastic that splices into a wire.

The wire you want to splice into are your parking lights aka corner lights. Then ground the wires to the frame or body and you should be all set.

I looked around on radio shack and couldnt find a damn pic. But if you ask someone at radio shack, they will know exactly what your talking about.

There are other ways to splice, but this works very good and costs like a buck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im new here but, I got a question similar to this but both of my corner lights doesn't come on also when i signal my passenger doesn't signal but the driver side signal? i've check the bulbs but i'm thinking it could b the wire hardness but im not sure if i should replace it or is just bad wiring. :confused:

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I suggest that you check by clicking on your hazard button and each turn directional and seeing which of the turn signal lights (front or rear) are working at all. If any wiring would go bad it'd probably just be by the harness - I suggest checking where the wire connects to the harness to see if anything melted.

Or, could be an issue with your relays - there are rectangular boxes with plastic covers on them, I believe that one of those relays in there controls your flashing turn signals. I'd suggest swapping an identical relay with the one in question to test.

FYI - This thread referred to the JDM sidemarkers that are placed on the fender on the strip that runs alongside the car, I think you're referring to the big plastic turn signals at the corner of the fender by the hood?

Good luck!
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts