Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello everyone,
i bought a 2000 g20 with 125,000 on it last month. so far everything is running good. the only problem i am having is when the car goes over a pothhole it bumbps and also makes huge thud like noise. one of my friends told me to change the shocks. i dont want to spend too much money. what would be my best options? should i just go go an auto store and install regular shocks (i.e. monroe)? or should i buy something from online and then let some mechanic install it? how much would be the total cost? i really dont have much to spend on.

also my steering wheel feels very hard sometimes. not on the highway. only when i am backing up or going really slow.

please help.

thanks.

:. ishti

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much for your reply.
do you have any idea how much would be the installation cost? i am a student and this is my first car. i am tight on budget.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
everyone will try to rip you off unless you know a trusted shop.

my advice would be to ask around on the forum for any local help. all that would cost you, most likely, would be time and lunch/beer for the fella who can spare the time to give you a hand.

there are many many NYC G's so hopefully they'll see this and will chime in if they can help. this will 1) save you money 2) make new friends 3) learn something about your car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man. you were really helpful. i hope i will find some new friend to help me out.

price of KYB shocks on ebay was 261 + 45 (shpiing). thats around 300$

i also found them on www.autopartswarehouse.com
link: http://replacement.autopartswarehou...ication=002483103&part=Shock Absorber&dp=true

front shock (KY341120): 51$ each
rear shock (KY341194): 55$ each
free shipping.
the total would be like 210
are'nt they are the exact same shocks? is that webpage is trustworthy?

thanks again for your time.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
autopartswarehouse has been pretty good to our members if i remember correctly.

the ebay link was just for reference. definitely check through google and see if you can find any better deals. check tirerack as well since i know they usually have good deals. heck cardomain is good with keeping their prices low, they may be hard to beat @ low prices!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts