Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad story. I finally got my 16' 02 Sport wheels put on my p10. A month later, I hit a king size pot hole and the shaking began. I just got back from the mechanic and found out that my front two rims were bent bad enough that they couldn't be balanced. He switched those two to the back and the shaking has been noticibly reduced but still present.

So the question is: What to do now? How much is it to get these things un-bent? Who does such a thing? Would I be better off just getting new rims?

I really like the look of them on there but they've already set me back a good $600. Any suggestions/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
02 sport rims are notorious for bending...

i know there are singles you can buy off ebay (without centercaps i believe). that would be your best bet if you want to stay with the sport rims.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
when i tried to reapair my cracked rim, they quoted me $175-200. but they were eBay rims, so it wasn't worth it. if you have name brand rims, it might be. look for a rim repair shop, locally. this in the one i went to, just to give you an idea. they show detailed steps of the repair process:

http://www.wheeltechniques.com/

GL!

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
P11Gdub said:
when i tried to reapair my cracked rim, they quoted me $175-200. but they were eBay rims, so it wasn't worth it. if you have name brand rims, it might be. look for a rim repair shop, locally. this in the one i went to, just to give you an idea. they show detailed steps of the repair process:

http://www.wheeltechniques.com/

GL!
Wheeltechniques ftw... but w/ the prices that they charge for repair, you'd be better off buying new rims. Besides, you'd have to find a vendor that does similar wheel repairs in your area.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huh. So that's why when I asked my mechanic how he was he said, "Better than you". Well back to the drawing board I guess. I couldn't find any on eBay so I guess I'll try the forum and see if I can find a wheel repair shop.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
trying hopping on the NYCG's forum, and asking them. they got a lot of experience, and are on the same coast as you. GL.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
ej_up_late said:
Huh. So that's why when I asked my mechanic how he was he said, "Better than you". Well back to the drawing board I guess. I couldn't find any on eBay so I guess I'll try the forum and see if I can find a wheel repair shop.
try craigslist

sometimes you can even find aftermarket rims and tires for pretty damn cheap too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts