Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Relevant to all USDM 00+ P11/G20 roller rocker engines, and not side feed SR20DE prior engines

https://maxima.org/forums/all-motor/677638-vq-injector-comparison.html

I've been trying to work out some bugs before the winter to get my P11 ready for some harsh cold weather. One of the issues I've been noticing is my stock top feed injectors were running a bit lean on cylinders 2 and 3. I know this because I've been checking my plugs and noticing them coming out a bit more grey/white over the last few months. I also intermittently would get a P0138 rear O2 code, which could surface for a few reasons, one of them being certain fuel banks running lean and higher than normal voltage reporting back to the ECU.

I am NOT taking all of the credit on this one. The reason I've been exploring different injector options is because I feel like the earlier model Nissan top feed FBJC100 (dark grey) injectors, found on multiple Nissan vehicles from early to late 2000's are prone to clogging or failure around the 100k mark.

Various OE Nissan top feed injector examples from the 2000's

Fuel spray patterns of stock G20 RR FBJC100's versus a green Denso

What I was able to find per an article "schmellyfart" from Maxima.org posted about 5 years ago is that the Green Denso injectors found on later model Maxima's were literally the same flow rates from prior Maxima OE injectors that were the FBJC100's on our RR G20's.

Static Flow Test Results at 3 bar: (schmellyfart's bench test)
FBJC100 - 306 cc/min
FBJC101 - 294.25 cc/min
Green Denso - 309.25 cc/min
Blue Denso - 546 cc/min

So I decided to give these a run, what could it hurt. Over the past few weeks, I've noticed significantly better throttle response, and what feels like a bit more torque from 2k rpm through 3500 rpm. My P0138 code also cleared after about 2 days of driving. So far these have been a great alternative as the Green Densos (typically found on the vq35hr 350z/G35's) just appear to be a much better revised and performing fuel injector alternative. I was able to pick up 6 on the cheap ($100 for all 6) from a reseller on ebay who has positive feedback from many past buyers who have purchased injectors he directly pulls and refurbishes. https://www.ebay.com/usr/atlantaautopart?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2754

Hope this can help a few of your out there who are still trying to keep your G20's going.

·
Registered
20,794 Posts
Interesting. Is there any flow rates between the green and blue? P12 came with 350cc so I suspect I'd need something in that range.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. Is there any flow rates between the green and blue? P12 came with 350cc so I suspect I'd need something in that range.
This will need to be confirmed, but here is some Nissan OE injectors off VQ/VH engines I was able to find. Specs are slightly different than maybe mentioned above, but at least gives you a ballpark. Looked at a few independent tests and info people have gathered from multiple sites.

VQ35DE (FBJC100) (Bosch) dark grey/black 4 hole injectors at 3.5bar : Flow rate = 305-320cc
VH35HR (16600-JK20A) (Denso) green 12 hole injectors at 3.5bar : Flow rate = 310-335cc
VQ37VHR (16600-EY00A) (Denso) orange 12 hole injectors at 3.5bar : Flow rate = 370-380cc & 3.0bar : Flow rate = 350-365cc

Seems like, if you know that 350 is really your mark, and you want to stay OEM, you could probably get away with the Denso orange's at a lower fuel pressure (closer to 3bar), or you could run the Denso green's closer to 4 bar to achieve the same result. Obviously advantages/disadvantages to both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts