Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup, I just got a 99' P11 in red...I put some new 17’motegi ff15 rims and sum low profile kobho(I think) tires, HID replicas, tints, and couple other stuff in the car in the short two weeks that I’ve had it for...Besides that im new to the whole sport car scene... im not into racing at all.. im more into making my car look real nice... my question for the veterans is basically when I go to drop the car, what do I need to buy exactly? I don’t feel like going into a shop and getting scammed because I don’t know sh**... I will appreciate anyone’s help. Also I been looking at some Tein Springs and I was hoping anyone who has these and reads this post will help me with there mix reviews on the springs there self’s.

p.s im 19 and my first car was a cavy that I cared less about...so please if anyone can give me a bit of there knowledge it will be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
This forum is filled with info my man and takin the time to sit back and read most of it one night will really make a difference in how you see your car. Not scolding you, just lettin you know we're info packed around here. :)

as per the suspension stuff ... there are a lot of options and they all depend on your budget. the most basic is the tein s-tech springs with some KYB GR-2 shocks. the shocks will be required otherwise the ride with be very bouncy on just the springs and your factory shocks.

Do u mind me asking where you're located?

Oh and we're having a little get together on the 25th, theres a thread up about it, it'd be cool if u could make it. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol its been raining the last few days and i got the rims put in Friday so I haven’t gotten a good chance to take pics...I still need a couple things like fog lights, the tein spring...and the spoiler...that’s about it and then the interior will be put to work...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand what u mean about the dumb post but my real question was the average price of labor...i just don't want to go in there and get robbed for the labor because im a rookie you get??? i did a lot of research and most people say the teins are good but no one mentioned the shocks...i thought for a whole day( i read the post yesterday) that the only thing i had to do was buy the springs and i was good to go...thanks for the info...and i guess ill have to see my best option for the dollar...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
usually labor for a suspension install is bout $150-250 i found. I paid $180 when i first got my '00. Then i realized i could do it myself and bought airtools. Ive done it for a bunch of people on this board, and i only charge $80. If i could make a suggestion regarding that tho ... wait till spring to lower your car.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
you need shocks/struts because stock are not able to handle shorter springs. Like it was posted above, KYB gr-2 are among the most popular. I'm looking for some right now as a matter of fact. If you go to a good place they should quote you aroung 4 hours of work... it's not too hard you could probably do it yourself that is if you have a good tool arsenal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so whats up dude...if you live in jersey i don't mind paying you 125 for the job and even throwing in KFC famous bowl...wait for spring??? my mom is buying a new car and im going to have the 02 Yukon for the winter(it wont be mind) but its going to sit there...

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
this thread exerts 2 tests

#1 Newbie to the forum posts his OWN thread rather than butting into someone else and asking if anyone know where to get a body kit or exhaust.

#2 Newbie to the forum searches thoroughly first before posting

you passed number one, which balances out number ywo :p

as for suspension, i definitely say for a standard setup the tein s-techs are great springs. im on them now, my girlfriend has them on her p10, theyre nice and comfy, not too hard not too soft. if youre not going for straight track use, theyre the way to go. next: shocks, my girlfriend has kyb GR-2s, which are basically an oem replacement, but can handle being lowered. if you dont want to spend a whole lot, spend a little over 200 bucks on ebay to get some new GR2-s and find some tein springs for like 100 bucks maybe a bit more. if you want to go more spendy... or have an adjustable height, look for some coilovers. know that youre spending 900+ bucks for those though

if you want a little more option, look into KYG AGXs, they are adjustable dampening, meaning that you can, as you wish, adjust how hard the shocks are, so you can find your preference for how soft or hard the ride is.
there is plenty more info out there. go back to the suspension forum and look at the top few threads.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i really appreciate everyone providing there feedback... i feel at home here lol as for the g20 yea its def a hot whip... im a tech analysis so i deal with computers daily and i know so many tricks, but a car omg theres so many things to it...too bad theres no book for a g20 " G20 for dummies" lol... and the meet? i have work Saturday so i wont be able to make it...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
one3esco said:
i really appreciate everyone providing there feedback... i feel at home here lol as for the g20 yea its def a hot whip... im a tech analysis so i deal with computers daily and i know so many tricks, but a car omg theres so many things to it...too bad theres no book for a g20 " G20 for dummies" lol... and the meet? i have work Saturday so i wont be able to make it...
check these things out:

1) get the FSM (full service manual) from phatg20.net (not for dummies but good to have)
2) Read the FAQ http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13472
3) Check out the stickies in all of the forums

welcome!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
skip it make new friends and be part of a bitching bbq. Come on people are going from MD to this thing, you live right there.... is it cause Im going, do you hate me already?.... :sigh: not another one...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol ha i don't hate you dude...nah i cant skip work im already skipping Thursday and Friday for PS3 so sorry...the money i get for it is going towards coil-over now(was just springs) now im looking to get a good deal on some good coil-overs...

·
Registered
37 Posts
merlin said:
check these things out:

1) get the FSM (full service manual) from phatg20.net (not for dummies but good to have)
2) Read the FAQ http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13472
3) Check out the stickies in all of the forums

welcome!
#1 - If your technical (ie computer saavy) then you should have no problem reading this - be sure to get the one for your car ...

I was lucky - it's in the car - oh wait - it's in the friggen trunk which won't open - that's my luck...

And Welcome (I'm new here too...)

·
Registered
626 Posts
one3esco said:
Sup, I just got a 99' P11 in red...I put some new 17’motegi ff15 rims and sum low profile kobho(I think) tires, HID replicas, tints, and couple other stuff in the car in the short two weeks that I’ve had it for...Besides that im new to the whole sport car scene... im not into racing at all.. im more into making my car look real nice... my question for the veterans is basically when I go to drop the car, what do I need to buy exactly? I don’t feel like going into a shop and getting scammed because I don’t know sh**... I will appreciate anyone’s help. Also I been looking at some Tein Springs and I was hoping anyone who has these and reads this post will help me with there mix reviews on the springs there self’s.

p.s im 19 and my first car was a cavy that I cared less about...so please if anyone can give me a bit of there knowledge it will be greatly appreciated....

Go with tein ss or the ksport group buy . Coil overs are the best way to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts