Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i hope someone knows whats going on with my car. Anyways im driving along and lets say im driving in 4th gear sometimes all of a sudden my rpm's start revving higher and then come back to where they should be. So as a test i went on the highway and went all the way to 5th gear. Now im driving along in 5th gear at about 3000 rpm's so i flaw the gas pedal to see what happens and the rpm's rev up to about 4000 4200 and drop back down. I hope i explained this right but does anyone know what could be wrong with this? thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
trouble

What year is your G and how many miles do you have on it?
You might just need a tune up.
Stock Wire
NGk pluges
Cap and rotor
check timming

The reason I say that is because I was running Nology wire on
my G before, intil they started to act up on my.I had almost the
same problem you are having.I took it to my friend at a Infiniti
Dealer and sure enough it was the Nology wires misfiring.

-Jesse-

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
If you have a manual it could be the clutch on its last legs. You say this happens when you floor it at speed? Does it just happen when you're crusin' or just when you give it gas?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it happens the most when i flaw it. It happened like once when i was cruising at reg speed. But it mainly happens when i flaw it.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JG20 said:
Your clutch is definitely slipping. Same thing happened to mine. When I replaced the clutch, it felt like brand new, just ask Jason (G-Forces).

Joe
JOE! What you been up to man? Long time no see! I never got a chance to drive your car but the JWT clutch sure felt nice when I was 'play driving' ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just got my internet hooked up again after I moved last fall. Anyways, let me know about any upcoming track days. I'm waiting for that JIC deal to go through, I think my shocks are blown.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.