Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone please tell me a better way to get through to the battery with my 4 gauge wire...if i have to drill wheres the best place...thanx:rambo:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
No need to drill. There is a rubber gromet on the fire wall that is not shared with anything. Get an exacto blade and slice through the middle of and and you are good to go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx man thanx alot..i thought noone was gonna help me...see ya dude...

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
no problem, everyone here is out to help each other. Hope you find the lil black rubber gromet

·
Registered
69 Posts
umm.. what? cut the rubber grommet? no, why would you do that, hey if you notice, beside the battery, there is a sorta white looking thing surrounding a buncha wires , im not going to take apicture, you shoudl be able to locate it, its a hole going into the fender with abuncha wires in a harness, anyways, unscrew the inside of the fender well and fish the wire through, and push it through a hole on the other side, that way your not cutting holes in any rubber pieces.. and messing things up, by far i think my way is the easiest, especially with bigger gauges like 0,2, or the not so big 4

ez
babir

revolt-minus

"here to make your kids cry"

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yours sounds good but could you please take a picture so all of us can see it ;)
I have a P10 94' G20t & it took me awhile to look around and find a hole to run my 4 gauge wire and the "sorta white looking thing surrounding a buncha wires" that you were talking about..., I did not see? I ended up running my wire where GTA was talking about, the hole w/ a grommet cover which I just removed. The hole is on the driver side, in between the door hinge. You could either fish your wire or remove the plastic cover under the fender to make your wiring run much easier. That's how I did mine without drilling ;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
there is a hole(almost invisible) pluged with a rubber plug, on the driver side between the petals. i cut a slit in the rubber piece and ran my wire through there. then i ran it under the floor trim along the driver side. my amp is under the driver side seat. it was in the trunk but it kept on getting really hot.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hummm...? That's a good thought! If I almost squeezed my CD changer under the car seat before..., my Fosgate would definitely fit under the seat!!! Cool!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of you wiring your car? That would be very helpful. Ill look for those holes in the morning when its not dark and see if I can find them in the mean time.:p

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
NM the guy before me must have had subs in teh trunk because teh wiring is all there except the battery wire. Only problem is that I spent 3 hours tonight getting it all wired under my carpet and all nicely done and the amp for some reason doesnt have power. I am hoping its just my ground is placed wrong or something. :(

·
Registered
495 Posts
are you talking about me? i had my amp in my trunk and under my driver seat. my sub is in the trunk. if you are not getting power to the amp then their should be a light on the amp that is not on. if it is not on then check the ground and check the lead(the wire that turns the amp on and off). if these are hooked up correctly then check the fuse, you may have blown it. if you blew the fuse it may be because you pinched a wire.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
negative all the wires and amps are fine, I think my ground wire placement is wack so imma check that because the light on the amp is not turning on. oh well ill get it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Make sure you don't have any exposed wirings that could cause short circuit. If you are talking about me having the subs in the rear, yeah..., and 3 amps. I was thinking of putting my Fosgate under the seat to reduce electrical noise to my fronts. The shorter the wirings, the less prone you have from electrical noises. Make sure also that your connections are tight and secure.

Good Luck!!! =)

·
Registered
495 Posts
where is your ground located? if there is paint around the ground wire then scrape it off so that the wire gets a good connection with the metal. what are you using as a ground(bolt,screw, etc.)?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yea my ground is a 4 gauge wire also, bolted onto the body under the carpet but it is on top of another what i thought metal conductor so ill have to check it out. i was worried that the rca jacks werent plugged into the deck the right way or something but thatwouldnt effect the amp getting power so imma work on the power situation first. l8r

1 - 20 of 35 Posts