Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh Ya'll im installin my system got everything ready but then it comes down to runnin' my 4 gauge wire to my battery i can-not find a hole/clearance without drilling if ANYONE knos of a way to get through there please let me kno...Thanx ALOT

·
Registered
80 Posts
look for a rubber cap and pop it off... i ran my nos line there... or you can just drill a hole that's what i did for my 4 gauge wire... peace...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm guessing this thread should be in the audio section...but oh well...I plan to run two 0/1 gauge cables to my trunk pretty soon and what I plan to do is pretty standard protocol which is drill a hole(s) in the firewall, make sure both sides are clear (no brainer), and use a rubber grommet. A grommet is a hard rubber plug that covers the sharp edges of the hole you drill so that the cable can't get cut by the metal and more importantly doesn't have a chance to make contact with the metal you drill. Hope this helps. Make sure you do this shorting out wire can cause serious problems. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
why don't you use a smaller wire to run to the trunk link to a second battery with a isolator and run the 0/1 wire from the second battery to your amps... easier to hide and it's some what more cost effective... it's also less strain on everything cause it doesn't have to travel as far... 0/1 bout $6-$8 a foot right... second battery only about $120 for a deep cycle and your only gonna need about 2 or 3 feet of 0/1 for power and 18 inches for ground if it's in the trunk already...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I get the wire dirt cheap. I allready have a yellow top optima and a 3 farad digital capacitor. I thought of running just one 1/0 for power and ground everything at the trunk but running two supposedly helps reduce signal noise a lot. I understand your cost effieciency idea but since the wire cost is low two wires works best for me. Buying another optima and a nice battery isolator and more fancy clamps and interconnects add up probally more than the running two cables to the trunk.

·
Registered
80 Posts
for less noise ground wire should never be more that 18 inches... to help the noise problem also make sure you power wire and rca cables ran not ran together... it will help a lot...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts