Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed by my driver's side door handle there are three tiny tiny little spots of rust. What can I do to prevent it from getting any worse?!?!? It's barely noticable right now, and I wanna keep it that way. (93.5 Silver G20)

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
anti rust

I used to use this pink stuff.... I forgot what it is called though.. It is available right next to all the body bondo stuff (at least it was) back when I was fighting a loosing battle with my 73 super beetle.. lol

good luck! Now-a-days, I do the spot of sanding down to no rust and touch up paint... I've had to do this on my hood on a few spots and on my trunk... it is hardly noticable and looks much better than the rust spots on a white car! LOL

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
touch up paint

As long as your car hasn't been repainted, you can get the touch up paint at the dealer. I just recently got some for my 93.5. It is a 2-part touch up because I have the pearl clearcoat. It works just fine for me!

Also, I heard of this stuff called POR-15 that is supposed to be the best stuff around for stopping rust. Anyone had any experience with this stuff?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used POR-15

works wonderful...it locks in the rust very well....

one thing to note is that when you apply the POR-15 stuff, it leaves a brown coat to lock in the rust and if you dont paint over this coat within say 2 months or so, it will start to peel away....

My point is that you need to paint right after the stuff dries...

I used it a few places on my Toyota Truck and it did well...they have starter kits too with all the supplies that you need for a small area of a car for like $15, so the price is perfect...that is the kit I bought and there is more than enough POR-15 to do touch ups with....

for small touch-up, it might be worth it to use the touch-up paint...if there is a good size spot of ruse, it might be worth it to put down this POR-15 stuff first!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts