Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure if it was a common problem or not. A Search didn't work for me.

Ever since I bought my blue P10t, the AC randomly had a bad clicking sound coming from under the dash. I eventually linked the sound to changing the temperature and with winter already here, the more often I have change the temp. Now, If I were to leave the temp dial in one place, no sound would be produced. I also found that if I took a few good whacks up under the dash, I could get it to stop (until the next time I play with the dials).

I finally got under there and found the unit to be a small box in front of the heater core, just above the ECU. I'm not exactly sure what it does tho. I managed to unplug the wire going to it and the noise stopped.

Now, of course, I wanted to see what that little box does, so I tested all my AC controls and everything seems to be fully functional. I can switch between all the vents, change blower levels, air goes from cold to hot, re-circ. works, AC kicks in. So what did I unplug?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Does your car have auto temp control?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the fan speed and temp remains fixed. I thought auto tamp control is only on digital ACs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts