Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks nice. For 50k + I guess anything can become a rocket.
With that money you could buy (or build) a super sweet ride.

·
Registered
233 Posts
What do you think is powering a large number of IRL and CART cars? Those motors are way over 500hp. The new Mercedes SL AMG 55 has 493hp. I think Honda could easily build this car. The real question is, could they build this car legal for US Sales? Probably not without some serious cash changing hands and I'm not talkin' bout the MSRP.

If you want to whip 90% of the cars on the street for under 20k go get yourself a clean 86/87 Buick GN. That'll leave'em scratching their heads.

·
Registered
194 Posts
1995g20t said:
What do you think is powering a large number of IRL and CART cars? Those motors are way over 500hp. The new Mercedes SL AMG 55 has 493hp.

The IRL and CART cars don't exactly burn 91 octane gasoline, and an I6 is hardly a V8.

1995g20t said:
I think Honda could easily build this car. The real question is, could they build this car legal for US Sales? Probably not without some serious cash changing hands and I'm not talkin' bout the MSRP.

Right. ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
All I'm saying is that they have the technology and the resources to do it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
1995g20t said:
All I'm saying is that they have the technology and the resources to do it.

You're right; I mis-spoke earlier. Technically, they could do it. So could Nissan and a half-dozen other car manufacturers. But will they? No. At least not until they can make a profit on it. The R&D on something like that has to cost a fortune. For now we're just going to have to build one, or settle for reading fake reviews. I'll opt for neither because I'm tired of talking about a Honda.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Compare this with NSX...NSX only makes 280hp...how could they make 360 out of this engine?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts