Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I an wondering if a 3 hour drive is safe without a hood. I need to drive to pickup a hood and the only thing that comes to min is takign my stock hood and driving without it and picking up the other one and installing it there. Opinions?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
illegal.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
well i think literatly your car will be alright.. (as long as the weather stays nice) but i would try and make up a 'fake' throwaway hood, like cardboard or something dumb.. because no hood is a pulloverable offense, but a throwawayable one is fine =)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in va at least where i live its not illegal to drive without a hood. its only 150 miles about 3 hours.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
i drove an hour and half with no hood to pick up my hood. i passed at least 5 cops and i was scared but it was ok. it was corrosion's idea, heh

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The biggest thing that I am worried about is overheating problems or something in that nature. Cops arent a big deal like I said.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
overheating WITHOUT a hood? i think u have that back-ass-wards. :p

if u dont think you'll get pulled over i say go for it

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
do it, sixnineG drove less than an hour away hoodless, also to pick up a CF hood.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Putting a fake hood on would be dangerous, as there is no way it would stay on. Just do as you had originally planned. Just make sure it is not going to rain or snow.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i drove from parma ohio to grand junction co with no hood once...well half the body of this truck was missing also. just keep the speeds at legal limits and all te connections inside should be fine.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
if they pull you just tell em the truth. i'm headed to pick up my hood and i couldnt get a truck.
just double check your plates, reg, inspection stickers, drivers license, and proof of ins are good before you go. and there arent any open containers, fireworks, weapons, or illicit drugs in your car.

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
hm. i dont recommend it, and not because of the cops. god forbid something happens, insurance will literally rip you a new one.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
SgtDGun said:
...weapons or illicit drugs in your car.
that's me, most of the time. :smoke:

ZaRPGfreak said:
hm. i dont recommend it, and not because of the cops. god forbid something happens, insurance will literally rip you a new one.
pipe down, grandma.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
SgtDGun said:
hell go for it, it works for the rednecks in SC see plenty of V8 S10s and such with no hoods. and they do it full time
Haha, yep, they do. There was some kid with a B16 swap in his civic that drove around with no hood forever, guess he wanted to show off to everyone :p

I'd say go for it, if you're just doing it to pick the hood up. Even if you get pulled, you might be able to explain the situation to the officer and they'll let you off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts