Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anyhing about getting a new title after the car was salvaged.its a 99 g20 i can get for 2500 needs a rear bumper cover,drivers headlight, and front bumper and fender need paint so its a pretty easy fix.

·
Registered
526 Posts
good luck! a while ago i was gonig to trade my auto neon for a 5speed neon but it had been salvaged. It would take months for the paper work from what i was told also a bunch of inspections. But even then its just road legal if it passes everything...but it still gets a salvaged title. Hard to sell after that and i heard it can be more to insure.

·
The G20 hoarder
2,279 Posts
i heard that some states dont have salvaged titles, and i was told to register a car there, have it there for 3 to 5 years then bring it back. dmv erases cars after acouple of years. its only worth it if it is a new car you buy salvaged. good luck.

jorge

·
Registered
201 Posts
G-Unit91 said:
anyone know anyhing about getting a new title after the car was salvaged.its a 99 g20 i can get for 2500 needs a rear bumper cover,drivers headlight, and front bumper and fender need paint so its a pretty easy fix.
are you refferring to that car that was on ebay/craigslist in the northeast?
I was also wondering about that when i stumbled upon it, I figured it was a little weird how it was not something that he can just fix up himself and sell for 3X more.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It might depend on the state but getting a salvage title isn't that hard. When I got my car from the previous owner I had to get a salvage title since he checked a box on the back of the old title saying that it had been totalled in the past. The only reason it was a pain for me to get the salvage title was because in NJ you ONLY can get a Salvage title from the DMV headquarters office in Trenton, which was about 2 hours from my job. The reason I had to leave from my job was because its ONLY open from 8 to 5, Mon thru Fri. It wouldn't have been that bad if i didn't have to take a half day off work to do that. I didn't have to go thru any extra inspections though. Some states may require extra inspections because it said that on the back of the NY title that the previous owner had. But i wonder if all that was necessary because when i did a carfax on my car it didnt come up as being totalled in the past... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I buy and sell salvaged titled cars all the time. It is really easy to get it inspected to give a rebuilt title. If you know the car has been rebuilt well then it shouldn't make any difference on much. It is true that it is harder to sell but only if you are asking too much. If you sell it for trade in value or a little less you should be fine. Do you have any pics or a link? I'll take a look at it and see if there is anything you should be worried about.

·
Registered
526 Posts
here in ny i would have had to tow the car about 40mins to syracuse and have it inspected there(after waiting for paper work) then after that was all done id have to tow it back then have it inspected here. Then wait......

·
Registered
344 Posts
Cyrus said:
Yeah, & you can only get liability. Insurance companies don't want to insure a car that's been labled in such conditions.
That's exactly what mine said when I (briefly) considered buying back my totaled car and having it repaired. Neither they nor most other companies would write comprehensive or collision coverage.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have had numerous cars that have rebuilt titles and my insure company doesn't care. I have always had full coverage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts