Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your chance (again) to see SCCA rally racing in the woods outside Shelton, Washington.

A Lancer EVO 4, several WRX's, Quattros, a 500+hp (dyno'd) Volvo 240, SE-R's, RX-7 Turbos, Saabs galore, and numerous other cars flat-out on slippery gravel roads. Absolute tail-out, rock-throwin', hooligan fun!

I'm not co-driving this event, so I'm still lucky to get to spectate Saturday & Sunday. My wife, Linda, & I will be in our white '94 G20t (if we're not in a green '98 Ford Ranger hauling spare parts for other teams). Please say hello if you're a fellow forum follower ... I'm the 30-ish tall, lanky white guy with the Asian wife (I'll keep my eyes peeled for G20's)

Follow rally links at www.nwr-scca.org for details, or just show up about 10am Saturday morning on Railroad Ave in downtown Shelton where the rally HQ is, and where the cars leave to drive out to the woods. Bring some friends, too ..... if they like cars even a smidge, they'll love this.:evil:

-Don

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
Cool... I went to the one in March. Slept through the one in April. May was cancelled. But I'll be there for this June's

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Damn you! :p You already have a SCCA rally near you... I have to wait until November 1st to see the Prescott Rally. I've gone the past two year, even volunteered two years ago. It's really sweet to be able to see the cars up close like that, rather than on the TV on the Nascar, err I mean speed channel. =)

Oh yeah, it's also really cool to be able to root for someone you actually know that's running in the rally. =)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
trbobrk said:

Doesn't the SW have regional ClubRally?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it runs in Prescott with the Pro Rally guys in November. I'm not aware of any other rally races in Az other than the Prescott one. I think I remember reading about some that are held in California and Nevada though?

·
Registered
219 Posts
rally

i went and saw the rally up here in p-town... it was chill... i tried to enter my G into the race but they wouldnt buy it :monster: on the other hand i didnt know hyundais could look cool :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The spectator info has been posted at the main site ....... this should be a very spectator-friendly rally!

All the locations (especially the Lake Nahwatzel stages and the Dell Adams Road stages) are excellent viewing corners.

Pray for showers overnight to kill some of the dust, otherwise the cars will be started 2 minutes apart tomorrow as a "dust window."

Overcast but dry & cool is the best for rallying, and the weather is turning out ideal.

Yeeeehaawww!! :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
DonSwier said:
Pray for showers overnight to kill some of the dust, otherwise the cars will be started 2 minutes apart tomorrow as a "dust window."
Don't worry, it will rain...I washed my car today.

I don't think I'll make it to the rally. I got too many things to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts