Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and wifey are considering a new car.. we both are in love with the XB and are really putting some thought into this. It will mainly be my girls daily driver since she has a 93 acura integra LS that needs work that she doesnt want to invest towards and she knows id rather spend money on my car then fix up a automatic tegra. so we're looking at some 04's auto , unfortuatly. ive herd they have only 105 hp, any feedback guys and or knowledge or good sites that promote body kits etc exhaust whatever ???

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've driven the xa (same motor) with an auto and it crawled! But I hear with the xb and a manual you can get around 34MPG highway.
Not bad for something so unaerodynamic! :cool:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I bought one in 2003 & had it shipped from California for the novelty factor (they weren't sold in our area until summer 2004).

Since it was the only one on the road for 6 months, it prompted LOTS of questions ("is that one of them Mercedes that Brad Pitt drives?"... or.... "Is that a Hummer?" ... or ... "Is that one of them hybrid things?") along with lots of comments like "That is the UGLIEST thing I've ever seen!".

In actuality, it was a peppy, short-geared (5 speed), zippy-around-town car that would be perfect for a business (boxy billboard shape).

I sold the xB before the Scion dealers opened here mainly for these reasons:

1) It is an "extrovert car", and I crave anonymity (G20's are understated).

2) I wanted to sell it to someone who didn't want to travel 1000 miles to find another one.

3) I didn't fit well (way too little driver legroom, way to MUCH headroom).

If it's your cup of tea, they are reliable, relatively simply, carry lots of cargo (ONLY with the back seat folded forward), light 2400lbs, and get mpg in the 30's.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
heres a pic of one with my rims....

thats moves it up in my book :)

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
oh btw, import tuner tuned an xb. With I/H/E and some misc. stuff, it only dynoed ~ 95 hp. But my honest opinion is that is better than the xA. Not a bad car for a daily driver for the wifey. If she craves a little more, tell her to get the tC.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Sadly me, 3 friends, and a bit of gear are over the load limit of the xb. I think that they look neat but it is just too weak of a vehicle. A van that canot be used as a van.

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Lots of xBs here in the bay. It's not like people would be like, 'that's the ugliest thing i've seen' because they are so common out here. Phil. Move out da ghetto before you get that thing. :p

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not moving till we find the place that fits us.. price range etc. and def not buying a house at the age of 23 and 22 , and the neighbor hood is not as bad as ur place. we've lived here for 2yrs with no breakins with the windows left open all day long. sooo, yea. also , the xb is just perfect for her price range. its a car / suv/ van or whatever it is thats roomy enough and for some reason me and my girl are in love with them. plus with some suspension mods the cars a box already must handle like a champ. we test drove one today and it is a bit of a slug but can really make a differance with gas. especially for trips etc. and i cant wait to put some shoes on it with a huggggge lip. and dump it.. thats if she lets me. more than likely it will have a tein drop, with rotas. thanks all for the comments advice, etc. word. - going to visit a private seller on sunday. i will post pics when we do pick it up. so far the cheapest i got someone to was 13,000 / we'll see if i can get that price out the door.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
I dunno, I like them. But I am also one of the few that doesn't feel like my stock SR is a slug... I'm not really a speed junkie... I think it would be pretty cool, especially if you are gonna keep it for a while (kids or what have you). Room to put stuff. I doubt your wife is out to drag race, so it would probably be cool power wise. Do it. :)

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
amek said:
and the neighbor hood is not as bad as ur place.
Not as bad as my place? Hahaha... At least I don't have bums walking through an alleyway next to my house. When the hell are you going to come to our new pad beeyotch?

·
Registered
320 Posts
consumer reports liked the xB a lot better than xA if that matters to you and recommended it.

I think its great for the price if you want new..however for 15k you can get a nice 3 year old wrx wagon:)

·
♥
3,947 Posts
dsigns said:
Man you guys sound like these girls when you talk to each other:
:LOL:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts