Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so pissed in the midst of some meathead movers trying to get things in and out in one day for some dumb person in my building, I think they were totally wreckless since they basically pinned my car between two moving trucks. A neighbor told me that at times there were worried Ill get scratches on my hood for how close and high the trucks were...Im so pissed and sad at the same time, My car is a 99 silver g20t, I tried that touch up paint a while back and was unimpressed with it, not sure if it was done properly but it just gave the scratches a darker color. So now Im pissed, Im pissed because Ive been wanting to get the ston guard since i got the car but of course when I got the money I now have scratches...WTF can I do to have my bumper and grill look good and clean and like new...Im prepared to shell out some money for something cause afterwards I might throw on the ston guard and call it a day...but what are my options now, Im going to take it to infiniti and see if the workers there can do anything for it, what about an auto body place like some sort of color matching and fixing them both, IM worried that they wont match it perfectly though...IM just pissed, my cool ass car is looking like a battered woman,that sucks :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
It depends on how deep the scratches are. If it's just through the clear coat and paint, you can have the bumper repainted easily enough. Infiniti has a color code for your car and can match the paint exactly (assuming you're car's paint hasn't faded from sunlight.) If it's through the primer, you're still OK, that can be redone too. If there is actually structual damage to the bumper, you have a few choices to make. One is to see if a repair shop can fix it and make it look like new. If that's not possible, then you can buy a new OEM bumper. If you choose not to do this, then you can buy an aftermarket bumper. There are a couple of choices there, but you may run into fitting problems depending on how it's made.

PS. There's nothing funny about battered women.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply

what usually is the cost for getting your bumper repainted, and what places would u recoommend for such type service. Will the mechanics in the inifiniti dealership be able to do the color macthing for me , cause the job that I did not make much of a difference.
PS
Excuse me for the battered women comment it just stuck in my head cause thats what the neighbor said it felt like after he saw the scratches, I agree its not funny.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The dealer would obviously provide the closest-to-new paint job, however not all dealers are equipped with these facilities. Check the Infiniti dealerships near you to see if any of them can do this. They'll probably charge you an arm and a leg for it, but at least you'll get a nice loaner while you wait! :cool: If the dealer can not do this service, ask them if there is a place they recommend; I'm not familiar with body shops in the NY/NJ area. If the recommend it, the shop has obviously done work on Infiniti's before and the dealer feels that their workmanship is good. I had a bumper replaced and repainted on a Toyota Camry a number of years back and I think it was in the $600 range when it was all said and done. This was an OEM bumper replacemnt with primer, paint, and clearcoat. I'm sorry I can't be more accurate in the price of the work. Time, location and car models are all factors and I don't know how it will change the price. Good luck!

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
dealer....

Just about any dealer routinely repaints bumpers on used cars to make them more attactive so if they don't do the repaint themselves, they usually know a reputable place. I know my Infiniti dealer sends out any repaints and yes, you do get a loaner for that!=)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts