Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suggest you pick up the the June 2002 issue of Import Tuner. Not that good of a mag unless you own a Honda. But anyways theres a big article on the Spec V. I never realised how cool that car looks. It doesn't even need a body kit. Anyways it has a custom superchager for the QR25DE engine. This car is incredible. Just letting you know what I think of Nissan's new car.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Is that the area 51 car? (or something like that?)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats the one. What do you think of it.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
fatboyz921 said:
Yeah thats the one. What do you think of it.

I truthfully really haven't seen enough of the car to make an opinion. But juts from initial thoughts/first impressions... why a Supercharger? I still am a HUGE turbo fan and think even on a larger 4 cylinder motor a turbo is still the way to go. But maybe that's just me....

***Warning Long!!!*** =)
As for the Spec V's, I'm trying to help my parents find one right now. It's tough being a couple hours away, as the dealers i have access to, and the ones they have access too are completely different, and too far to commute back and forth to, to look at a vehicle. My mom has a Jetta right now and after driving my car really likes the feel of the car and would like something similar, just not quite as "harsh" (GC's, short shifter, mounts, etc..). From everything I've test driven the Spec V is the closest thing to that right now. I was VERY impressed with the car (if you do a search you'll find a couple glowing reviews about the car that I posted on this forum in the past). I was mostly impressed with it's on track performance considering it's extremely comfortable street feel. I still would take my G20 over one, but if it came down to a 2002 P11 or Spec V, I'd mots likely be driving a Nissan badged as a Nissan, rather than one w/ Infiniti badges. I'm not really looking for a luxury car although if I was, If i wanted leather, really quiet interior, etc... I'd go for the P11 instead.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
QR25s have a hella long stroke. Huge torque, like Detroit metal. For the same reason that KAs should be supercharged and SRs are turbocharged, the QR is supercharged to make the best out of it's nice low-end torque and supplementing it with a dollop of more torque up top. You can turbo it, but I tend to think of higher revving engines as better turbo candidates. :bored:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
FF Drifter said:
QR25s have a hella long stroke. Huge torque, like Detroit metal. For the same reason that KAs should be supercharged and SRs are turbocharged, the QR is supercharged to make the best out of it's nice low-end torque and supplementing it with a dollop of more torque up top. You can turbo it, but I tend to think of higher revving engines as better turbo candidates. :bored:

Well, I know someone in Phoenix with a KA motor that's turbocharged and that car is awesome! Has a TON of torque and just as much horsepower (on the stock KA motor too!). There'd be no way a SC'd 240sx could put down this much power, IIRC last time he dynoed he was into the 3XXwhp range. I'd personally rather have the SR20DET as the stock potential is higher, but his car is really really quick with the KA24DE-T :)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Yeah a turbo'd KA can put down some wickedly huge torque numbers. I was doing some research on 240sx's a while back and turboing the stock KA is a valid option. Main problem was the stock rods are fairly brittle.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
There are turbo KAs here in SD too, but everytime I see one, I still get that urge to take that turbo off and put it on an SR instead. SRs are waaaay better than KAs IMO, and that applies to turbos too. :knockout:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts