Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a '93 G20 and I need some help fixing a few things. First: The shoulder belt track thingie (I use technical terms whenever possible) doesn't work. I looked at it and it seems that the steel cable that pulls it to lock it is cut or something. Any ideas how to fix? Also, on my seat, only one side of the seatback reclines so when I turn the knob, the back starts to twist. I looked at it and it seems that the gear isn't turning on the right side. Is that a pain to fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Auto seat belt

If you are talking about the automatic, elecrically driven. seat belt track and system. I believe that a lot of people destroyed them. Hence, you do not see them on newer cars. I cannot imagine that too many people would have ever sought the knowledge of how to fix those abominations!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get it to lock in when I put all the way back. I just think that it's kind of dangerous. I might as well not wear a belt at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Seat belt problems

If I could help you, I would. But, reread your posts, you're not giving anyone much to work with. If you want free advice – put in the effort to get it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't mean to give generic info. Basically, the shoulder clip can be moved around by hand and does not move when the ignition is on. This is because of the cable. So, where can I get a cable? Can I just lock it in to place for now and not worry about the cable? How difficult is it to change the cable? How long will it take to change said cable? Is there a cable on both sides of the clip? I only saw a cable on one side and assumed it was removed. I haven't had a chance to tear it apart yet, and I've only driven it twice, that's why my questions were generic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts