Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..

I put on a second hand back box today and it went on with no real problems.. the thing is now is that when I am driving at speed / high revs, I am getting alot of smoke comming out the back of the car :S... It could be one of thwo things though.

A:] The Oil that I put in it yesterday.. It was non synthetic for injector engines..
B:] The new Exhaust? (Could it be that there is oil in the exhaust from the last guy who had it?)

here is a pic of the exhaust.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i can see it; if it's oil that was already in the exhaust, it should just burn away after a little while, otherwise i'd say you're somehow burning oil yourself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its weird.. I just had a full filter and oil change today and the oil was clear.. I have noticed that the backbox only smokes if I push the car hard.. compared to yesterday it seems less.. What I might do is take the back section off and burn it.. Like you do with moto cross baffles and exhausts..

take it off.. Pour a little petrol down in.. light it and let it burn till it stops.. in theory what will happen is it will keep burning till there is nothing left to burn.. Hopefully thus being all the oil :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts