Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried using a '91 Sentra manual rack and pinion at all? Saw a few 240 guys tried but mixed reviews. Just curious. Thanks guys.

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B13 rack fits perfect. The u-joint is needed off of the Sentra and it took a while to find tie rods and ends that fit. But with a bit of fanagaling she fit like a glove.

·
Registered
368 Posts
In a p10?
What parts did you use to get things going

I was in the process of swapping one in on my 91 an noticed the bushing mount location is a lil over an inch narrower on the E rack.

·
Suzie Kl0ne
2,153 Posts
i hear that its possible to lose turning radius when swapping in the manual rack. (just a rumor) so im curious to see if thats true. but not that our g's have good turning radius to begin with lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
hmmm.. I still have the manual rack from my 94 Sentra E sitting in the basement.... lol
Same here just not in the basement lol. I really hope that the op can divulge on said components that made up the Frankenstein manuel rack into a p10.

Hey Chris if this gets figured out soon an I can assemble my e rack, we could figure parts needed for your ser? My car has good hoses an pump lmk. :)

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
We don't want this manual rack back in either of our race cars actually... too many turns.. not an ideal race car setup. Manual racks are setup with ratios needing more turns to steer and turn the wheels for the sole reason of making it easier on the arm muscles to turn the wheel but all that extra steering wheel input for less actual action is just not ideal for racing (its fine for street but not roadracing)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many Miata racers remove a couple of seals from the PS racks, converting them to non-PS without all the effort. I've got a "converted" '92 SE-R rack waiting to go in my race car. (My race car started life as a '91 B13 E, so it has the slow-to-turn steering rack.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was just the manual rack, the toe rods that fit them, I'm not sure which ones they are I just took the old ones down to Napa and they matched them. Then the U-joint from the Sentra. The original one is a little too big to grasp the splines on the Sentra rack. The Sentra one fits the steering column just fine. Also the rack is a little fatter so you need to take the bolts down to ace or Lowe's and get some longer ones along with two or three corresponding washers. The washers go on the back side of the bracket that holds the rack on. Attach accordingly. It doesn't change the angle of the rack, just helps attach the fatter rack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@VE_Machine

How does it feel at high speeds. From My understanding our car power steering get tight the faster we go.
I haven't been able to drive it at high speeds yet. I'll be getting tuned on the 4th of June and will finally be able to drive it and report back on how it feels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry to rebirth an old post
i didnt see it shared here and not sure this idea is feasible, on the g20, i consider it a pretty universally applicable in theory at least

loop the rack hoses, basically make sure its full of fluid, and then connect the return and output lines together then you can remove the pump resivoir, etc and if you get real fancy have a custom line that loops it on or really close to the rack.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts