Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Check Engine Light that's really pissing me off, it's giving out the code P0171 System Too Lean Fault Bank1. I was told that the dealership computer reading would give you the specific problem, is this true?

I searched plenty

Background story: I did a full tune-up, both O2 sensors changed with NGK ones, fuel filter, Fuel Injector cleaner, changed air filter, all the tubes seem to not be leaking neither air nor liquid. Lastly, I took out my MAF sensor and it seems very clean and all the plugs are on tight. My gas mileage has started sucking. After about 3500 rpms I feel a slight vibration and maybe a slight lack of power. I'm so tired of this issue.. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
i had that problem and it turned out to be my maf sensor, but as its related to A/F ratio and all that, could also be your non-OEM o2 sensors.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i mean it came up after the O2 sensors were changed. I thought it would be a good idea to get the NGK's, guess not?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Instead of going to an Infiniti dealership/service, would it be cheaper to go to a Nissan dealership/service to check the code? The Infiniti is made by Nissan and the charge to check the code would be less at a Nissan service center.

There is a Nissan service center in Flushing. The address is:

171-20 Station Road
Flushing, NY 11358
718-359-7443

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nissan already said it can only be done by infiniti. lol it was my first try.

no i do not have an extra MAF. Does anyone else have NGK o2 plugs swapped in? Any issues?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
im not 100% but i thought i heard that when it comes to o2 sensors its only oem

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, I got the code read at autozone already. It's even listed in my first post.
And I've searched this website and got the FSM possible causes. Still I cannot find the problem. What someone told me is to take it to Infiniti because their computer tells you exactly what the problem is. I'd pay that much for that, but I just wanted to know if it's true or not.

What's the proper way in which I can go about cleaning my MAF?

TIA

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ChickenWing said:
im not 100% but i thought i heard that when it comes to o2 sensors its only oem

So why would they even sell the NGK's. I don't think there was an OEM option on the autoparts website that was recommended by this forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts