Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car back earlier this week and am so much happier to look at my car...I dreaded looking at the bumper marker...it was so damn ugly....had it painted black for some years and started to look nasty....My bumper and hood got so messed up with rock chippings. Anyways I got it filled and painted and looks way better...Take a look for yourself..

Link to pics of shaved bumper lens...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Looking good man. Personally I like the bumper lights, just wish they were clear.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Yeah I dont get it--One of the reasons I am so hooked on this G20 body is cuz of the bumper lights on the front and back--but the shave looks good..

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I think the bumper lights cleared out look good on the G but maybe too much like a Honduh boy....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
TY423 said:
I dreaded looking at the bumper marker...it was so damn ugly....
That job looks good! Yeah I hate the markers too. My plan is to get rid of the front bumper markers and then install clear sidemarkers in the fenders. THat's the setup in other countries anyway.

Where did you have it done at and what did it cost you? I need to have some painting done and I'd like to make sure I take it to a reputable place. :)

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
where are the rims and lip you had

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Where did you have it done at and what did it cost you? I need to have some painting done and I'd like to make sure I take it to a reputable place.
I got it done in Gardena in a place called Finishline...I kinda know them from a friend so they give me good prices...the whole front bumper and hood repaint and filling the bumper marker costed $300....

where are the rims and lip you had
Yeah some of the pics that I posted are actually when it wasn't quite finished. The bumper and hood was painted but the fenders were only color sanded and needed buffing...You can see it in the pics that my fenders are pretty tore up looking. The lip was also not on in the pics because it was painted last and was still drying. Anyways the last two pics of my car is the finished product. I took the rims off when I went to Las Vegas a month ago because I didn't want to ruin them and haven't put them back on since. I decided to wait to get the GC in and then put the rims back on....Just wait and I'll post pics of the car with rims and lowered once again. The GCs that are on the pic site are the ones that I got but were wrong...sent me 95-99 Sentra when they were supposed to send me 95G20 Front & 95-99 Sentra rears.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Looks good, BLACK G'S RULE!! Im also getting my hood repainted next week and my trunk which has a huge EGG stain all over it. only $300

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey.....car looks good. So much cleaner in the front...I need to get that done too.

But I got all these little ding marks on my door and shit and like marks on my rear bumper too from people like rear ending me when trying to parallel park...so annoying.

I gotta paint the whole car.... *blah*

Feels good to get rid of that crap huh??? hahahahha
I like it without the front bumper lens.

·
Registered
118 Posts
front bumper lights never bothered me.....looks good though. I personally could care less about them.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Looks nice man... cleans it up a bunch I think. I don't hate the b-lights, but I'd prefer to not have them. We only have them due to US regulations, not for styling reasons obviously.

Black G20s are really getting under my skin... they look soooo classy!

mep

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
I personally wouldnt think they were half bad if they were clear, but I dont want home made clear I want crystal clear? do u think clearcorners would do that crystal clear thing if I sent mine in?

·
Registered
664 Posts
My car is in my bros body shop for repair from my theft incident. I told him I wanted to shave the bumper markers and he replied with something that goes:

"It's really hard for them to get it to come out right because it's plastic and not metal. The body shop is afraid that if they bondo it, it will break easily considering I scrape the front with my drop and if I hit something at 5MPH or so the bondo will crack easily."

How much did it cost you guys to do the filling?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Tony: That looks real nice, kinda like mine :) All you need is a WW lip to give it that subtle agressiveness.

And a big brake kit would look nice too... :lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
looks pretty ill:smoke:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
weird how you guys haven't seen this...I started this post 5 months ago..

Yahnoza I got a WW front lip long time ago...but when I got my front bumper repainted they took off the lip and didn't get a chance to put it back on. Now I have it on..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts