Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had trouble changing their shift knob for their G20. I just ordered a Momo shift knob, and i was looking at my boot in my g20. I could get the boot off, but I am having trouble getting the shift knob off. Does anyone have any suggestions..?..

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i changed my knob to a momo a while ago. the knob just screws on, but has thread locker on it, so it stays in place. get a big pipe wrench and a towel. wrap the towel around the knob (only one layer thick or it will slip), then tighten down the pipe wrench on the knob and turn it counter-clockwise. it might leave some indents on the knob, but i think mine rubbed out. good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I was actually able to get the knob off of the stock shifter with my hands. It was just difficult in breaking the loctite (or whatever they use) free, once you got it to move at all, the rest is a breeze. I just had to remember i'd probalby break before the shifter would (that and i had a new one to replace it if it did break) :p

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JustinP10 said:
I was actually able to get the knob off of the stock shifter with my hands.
Dude you must be pretty buff! I almost popped a vein in my head trying to get that damn thing off with my hands. I have to resort to more convential mean. ;)

BTW I've removed two knobs this way, both in perfect condition.

·
Registered
109 Posts
stock shift knob...

do one of you guys want to sell a stock black shift knob?

PM me if you do..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts