Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CS bracket and ES bushings for the shifter and stabalizer bar. Just got delivered to my doorstep.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Igor, which ES bushes do you have there ?? I thought they only did the stabiliser bush and not the actual shifter bush ???

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Now how did those things end up in your mailbox, I wonder.....

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
markbuts3 said:
That's the P10 stabiliser bushing isn't it ?? So you got a P10 and a P11 bushing ??

Is the other one.. 7.1109G
Mark, We've had success installing both the 7.1103 & 7.1109 bushing in '01 P11's. The 7.1103 also comes with a steel bushing. However, you just re-use the stock one if you go with the 7.1109 bushing. Also, there is a slight difference in cross-section between the two. (See pic below) In all honesty, with the concaved shape of the 7.1109, I found it easier to retrofit it into the car with the shift link left installed on the shifter end. The concaved face allowed easy maneuvering of the fixed bolt that goes through this bushing. In my install, because I was installing my short shifter at the same time, I installed the 7.1103 bushing.

The Front sway bar stabilizer bushings in case anyone wants to know are the ES part # 9.5124. They for a 20mm bar. http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html Go down the list to the "Non-Greaseable Set"

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Loek said:
Now how did those things end up in your mailbox, I wonder.....
Some guy in Canada who just had a baby-shower cake delivered..... Care to explain what a Patisserie bag was doing in the box?

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Yeah,

We just had lunch and used the doggybag to ship the stuff to you ;)

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
slimlou said:
Mark, We've had success installing both the 7.1103 & 7.1109 bushing in '01 P11's. The 7.1103 also comes with a steel bushing. However, you just re-use the stock one if you go with the 7.1109 bushing. Also, there is a slight difference in cross-section between the two. (See pic below) In all honesty, with the concaved shape of the 7.1109, I found it easier to retrofit it into the car with the shift link left installed on the shifter end. The concaved face allowed easy maneuvering of the fixed bolt that goes through this bushing. In my install, because I was installing my short shifter at the same time, I installed the 7.1103 bushing.

The Front sway bar stabilizer bushings in case anyone wants to know are the ES part # 9.5124. They for a 20mm bar. http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html Go down the list to the "Non-Greaseable Set"

Nice drawing, where are the dimensions :p :lick:

So Igor, do you mean the sway bay/anti-roll bar end link bushes or mounting bushes ??

When you said shift bushing and stabiliser bushing, it sounded like you were fitting bushes to the shift stabiliser and the actual shifter selector rod ;)

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
please take pics for the cs shifter bracket install, i know there is a how-to out there put more pics are always helpful and I just picked up a bracket and shortshifter

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
markbuts3 said:
Nice drawing, where are the dimensions :p :lick:

So Igor, do you mean the sway bay/anti-roll bar end link bushes or mounting bushes ??

When you said shift bushing and stabiliser bushing, it sounded like you were fitting bushes to the shift stabiliser and the actual shifter selector rod ;)
The ones that came in the box.
ES 20mm stabilizer bushing 9.5124G
ES nissan shifter bushing 7.1103G
CS shifter bracket.

The shifter stuff should compliment the Prothane engine mounts and B&M short shifter nicely I'd think :smoke:

Been mailing Octotat for the rest of the polyurethane stuff for the control arms etc.. Hopefully able to buy those in a few weeks. Tightening up the suspension after 10 years of abuse. :cool:

After that it's maxima rear sway bar time.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mh64 said:
please take pics for the cs shifter bracket install, i know there is a how-to out there put more pics are always helpful and I just picked up a bracket and shortshifter
I'll try.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
See, it's the use of the word stabiliser that confused me.

The US guys call it a sway bar, we call it a anti-roll bar.
The shifter bush is actually a stabiliser bush so I thought you had that and an actual shifter linkage bush :)

Do you have the sway bar drop link bushes yet ??

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
markbuts3 said:
See, it's the use of the word stabiliser that confused me.

The US guys call it a sway bar, we call it a anti-roll bar.
The shifter bush is actually a stabiliser bush so I thought you had that and an actual shifter linkage bush :)

Do you have the sway bar drop link bushes yet ??
Dunno, show me a picture and I can tell you if I have them. :cheese:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts