Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had more money.. I'd love a shortened suspension setup. The Shigspeed setup is nice too, I got to check it out at the Convention this year on a G20, very cool. Shortened suspension will most likely be my next major upgrade (once my AGX's wear out). That's the coolest thing. Lower your car and gain suspension travel. =)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
JustinP10 said:
The Shigspeed setup is nice too, I got to check it out at the Convention this year on a G20, very cool
Oh do tell more!

Scott uses Konis and I get all giddy for Konis.

We're going to build Konis for Grover's and my race cars. :)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geo said:

Oh do tell more!
Scott uses Konis and I get all giddy for Konis.
We're going to build Konis for Grover's and my race cars. :)
Well, I didn't get a chance to ride in it on the track :*( But... everyone else who did, or everyone who drove it, was VERY impressed. I believe Tom Paule, Scott Higashi, and Kyle Davis all drove the car and all of them had nothing but good things to say. They all said the car hooked up very well (Kyle used that exact phrase) and were very impressed with the feel of the suspension and the factory lsd was still working nicely. (i wish i had one). I believe that his setup is slightly stiffer than the gc setup both Kyle and I have on our cars.

BTW... on the track I was VERY impressed with the Falken Azenis, they stuck veyr nicely, the track was pretty slick, but they held nice the whole day and never really got greasy, or too hot. The track was also very kind on brakes, even pushing at 10/10ths i wasn't able to fade the brakes. It was a fun track, it was tight enough where the big hp cars didn't really have much over the good handling ones, I was able to keep with a couple cars that would pull me on the straight, but i'd catch them in the turns. And the best part is, i only changed the tire pressure, my gc/agx settings are teh same as what i normally run on the street, i just added a couple psi of air to my front tires, and that's it =)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
JustinP10 said:
I believe that his setup is slightly stiffer than the gc setup both Kyle and I have on our cars.
Stiffer, or better damped?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about the dampening, as i'm not sure what Koni setup Scott used but i am almost positive that David said he had stiffer springs than what Kyle and I are running. I'd assume that the Konis are probably matched better to the higher spring rates that the GC's provide, but I am truthfully not sure. Kyle might know just from driving it, otherwise I know Scott would know.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Geo said:

Stiffer, or better damped?
In a clean answer "YES". ; -)

They have more dampening than the AGX's and the springs are stiffer both..

note: David's setup is a one time prototype.. the setup Scott will be making in the future will be what Ron has on his car.. (which I didn't get to drive when I was in LA last weekend damn it!) ; -)

Ron and I tried to hook up, but he just lives to darned far south...

Ron's is externally adjustable (rebound only). Compression is adjusted mostly with springs..

Ron also got a slightly weaker spring rate than David's setup.

And YES David's car DOES hook up! Man I was impressed! If that car was about 400-500lbs lighter.. holy shit!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yeah, I have my eye set on scott's magic suspension as well. After driving/riding in kempe's car all the time I don't know how anyone couldn't. =)
As far as is spring rates, I think he has 350 front and 300 rear. I would like feel how Ron's car compares to his. Because when I talked to scott at convention he said I could get the same spring rates as david I'd just have to pay a bit more.

I think the only downside to this suspension setup is that, scott has confirmed this, it lowers your car A LOT. David has to keep his car raised as high as he can just so his tires wont rub.

Brit Conner

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
BritCG20 said:
Yeah, I have my eye set on scott's magic suspension as well. After driving/riding in kempe's car all the time I don't know how anyone couldn't. =)
Hey Brit, great to see you here!!
I know I sure as hell want a set!! But my GAB/GC setup works so well, I can't justify the expense. That and I'm not working right now also kind of puts a dent in my aftermarket plans. ;)

QUOTE]Originally posted by BritCG20
As far as is spring rates, I think he has 350 front and 300 rear. I would like feel how Ron's car compares to his. Because when I talked to scott at convention he said I could get the same spring rates as david I'd just have to pay a bit more.

I think the only downside to this suspension setup is that, scott has confirmed this, it lowers your car A LOT. David has to keep his car raised as high as he can just so his tires wont rub.
[/QUOTE]

If I was to get the SHigSpeed setup, it would probably be exactly like Ron's. (that's also the only way he's making the G suspension now anyway) ;-) But I'd probably get the same spring rate. As for ride height, I believe that will be less of an issue with Ron's setup. The Koni inserts used are longer than what was used on David's car.

Hey, speaking of all this David this, David that.. where is David? I know he went to the bay area this weekend, but how come he's not on here? :confused:

·
Registered
880 Posts
good point, david does need to get on this forum. I think he's just really tied to the SERCA lists. But I'll ask him about it when I go up the the bay area this next weekend. The lucky bastard is on spring break.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts