Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, there is no way in hell im going to be taping my block, etc. I was wondering if there was a shop in socal that is reputable and has extensive knowledge on the FWD sr20. I heard sr20store is shaddy, thats all i can think of. Everyone else around here knows the RWD sr20det. I need a place that would have extensive knowledge on how to turbo an sr20 so that if anything goes wrong they will cover the damages...

Also, reading many horror stories about the cam installs i need to find a place to do that also. I was even thinking about going to the dealer for that, how much labor would that be? I need a place that will cover the damages if anything goes wrong.

Any advice, help, etc. is welcome. thanks i appreciate it.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EvilYak said:
too bad you're out there, i have a shop i work at that could slam that shit in a day or two
hmmm well if it comes down to it, and if its worth the drive, i may consider it actually. hmmm

anybody know a place thats local socal??

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
EvilYak said:
too bad you're out there, i have a shop i work at that could slam that shit in a day or two
Sounds like a 3 day weekend trip cryss.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
check out the sr20store.com in gardena, ca

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
You know, cam installs are really pretty easy, and so is tapping your block. If you are planning on going turbo, you are going to need to know how to learn all that stuff anyway because you will be the only one who knows how to fix it (the dealer wont touch even shake a stick at it). And im sure you will not be able to find anyone who will warranty it or cover any sort of damages since it will pretty much be all custom.

The cam install took all of 45 minutes and was one of the first mods I did on my car... just follow the directions on this link: http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi/

Really though, if you are going to be doing that serious of mods on your car, you should really be learning more about your car by doing them yourself, or at least being there with a person that can help you do it.

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
freaktroll said:
You know, cam installs are really pretty easy, and so is tapping your block. If you are planning on going turbo, you are going to need to know how to learn all that stuff anyway because you will be the only one who knows how to fix it (the dealer wont touch even shake a stick at it). And im sure you will not be able to find anyone who will warranty it or cover any sort of damages since it will pretty much be all custom.

The cam install took all of 45 minutes and was one of the first mods I did on my car... just follow the directions on this link: http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi/

Really though, if you are going to be doing that serious of mods on your car, you should really be learning more about your car by doing them yourself, or at least being there with a person that can help you do it.
+1

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
www.theshop-sanbruno.com

i have yet to get a quote from the boss, but it SHOULDN'T take more than a day
but there are always snags that can happen

personally i did my turbo kit in 1/2 a day straight on the sidewalk, so if i'm there
i should be able to knock it out in maybe 6 or 7 hours?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts