Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I ♥ Zac Efron!
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a shortram intake and everything is working fine, except the wire I had to disconnect from the stock air filter has no where to go and it's causing the check engine light to go on. The MAF is fine and the airflow to the new intake is fine...I am almost 100% sure that the CEL is because of this disconencted wire...any ideas how to turn this off?

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
you mean the air temp sensor? the MAF adapter I got had a little place for it, but you should be fine leaving it in the engine compartment near the cone filter. as for the engine light, try leaving the battery disconnected overnight, that should cut it off. if not, there are threads around showing how to clear a CEL by resetting the ECU manually.

·
I ♥ Zac Efron!
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right now I just have the air temp sensor hanging out by the battery, this should be ok right? if i know this is the problem the CEL really shouldnt mean anything but it's just so damn annoying...

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
you should be ok like that, but take your car to autozone or wherever and figure out what code it's throwing, that'd help figure out what the problem is.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
like bhowl said...since you have a 99 you can disconnect the battery for 10 sec
and it will reset your ecu and clear the CEL. make sure you pull the part that the sensor plugs into out of the stock air tube and plug it back in. then just leave it hangin or zip tie it to the wires down there for a cleaner look

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
you should disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
i wouldnt recommend hanging it in your engine bay. this is what we did and had a CEL for a long time.
the rubber coupler that attaches your filter - run the wire under it and just have the sensor dangling into the piping inside

1 - 8 of 8 Posts