Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
♥
3,947 Posts
G20Touring said:
thats why i dropped out of college. im 21 and make 20k a month now,, for any1 who doubts it ill provide pay stubs.. i started on a summer job selling cars making 10k a month and now i work at a large mortgage company.. i think college is good for those who arent fortunate enough to know how to make money or rather know what they want to do with their lives.. i will never go back..
220k a year must be nice. you officially qualify as fucking rich

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
lmao... its nice,.,. but once u have it its not all that..even tho u have the nice cars and the nice house.. nothing changes.. its just harder to find real friends now

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
all i know is, the last semester i took community college classes, it was $11 per unit. now it's $26 per unit. WTF. i guess the 30% taxes they take out of my paychecks must go elsewhere... i didn't want to steal text books, they made me do it...

·
Registered
114 Posts
imho, i say if you want it, work for it.
the degrees ive attained, although im not using them or have no plan to use them, were paid for from my own pocket. :(
the degree im going for now, is still coming from my own pocket. my choices, so i pay for them. :*(

·
♥
3,947 Posts
davew7 said:
^^^If I do the math correctly it would be $240K :p
omg. you got me there. i even have a calculator open on my work comp right now. jeez

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Why would anyone making $240k/yr be screwing around with G20's??

I guess that would allow you to afford to have someone else do all the work (prob some poor motorhead that didn't go to college). OR, geez you could have a helluva nice garage/shop. Maybe with lifts. And a Maserati or two to park next to your G.

So, if you got one guy that can generate huge revenues on investments and no college and another guy who is just as good and DID go to college, which would you hire?? Jeez, just think how much you might be making if you DID get the degree.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
not as much.. i would have come out of college at around 24 with tons of debt to pay off and starting at a job at maybe 60k a year.. and yes i can afford the maserati and shit and the exotics are coming soon,,, but i prefer to invest what ive made rather than blow it on exotics. sounds like you doubt me,., i will still be more than happy to put up some pay stubs..i dont really care if you believe me to be honest. why i still mess around with the g20? cause its my first love and always will.. im not modding it on my own,. im having it done infact cause i dont have the time.. if i sell it i will get maybe 7k.. 7k is nothing to me hence i say why sell why not make it a track car and dump 5 k more in it.. dont hate

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
and with regards to who an employer would hire, a person with a degree vs without? Times are changing buddy, there were 20 other applicant with myself of which almost all had college degrees and I still got hired and in my first 2 months in the business i managed to top the region out of 800 + people. With my resume at 21 and the way I carry myself I guarantee I can capture a good job alot easier than people who are fresh out of even a good college. You know why? Cause employers know people with work experience and real world experience not college B.S. are going to prove to be better and more successful employees.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
G20Touring said:
thats why i dropped out of college. im 21 and make 20k a month now,, for any1 who doubts it ill provide pay stubs.. i started on a summer job selling cars making 10k a month and now i work at a large mortgage company.. i think college is good for those who arent fortunate enough to know how to make money or rather know what they want to do with their lives.. i will never go back..
Damn what brand were you selling to make 10K/month? My best month selling VWs and used cars was around $4K this summer.

·
Registered
640 Posts
You should not brag about your money man. Your doing very well for yourself and you should be humble. I guess that comes with age. In the end nobody cares what you make or what toys you have. The things you do for others that do not have a dollar sign attached to them are the important things in life.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
ChickenWing said:
people seem to lose sight of the fact that this is a democracy ... for and by the people, not for 1 and by 1.
No its not. This is another thing the lousy public school systems have been good at teaching you.

I have yet to plege alegience to a democracy. We live in a Republic. Dont ever forget that.

·
Registered
871 Posts
LOL - can you tell I'm a Democrat?

Lol - I hate this argument.

We have to pay taxes - get over it.

Do you know what we wouldn't have if there were no taxes?

Here's a list for you:
Roads
Buildings
Large Businesses
Education Systems
PROTECTION (Cops - ect)

So what if you have to help pay for someone else's stuff. We as a society need to stop being so greedy and thinking that way. If there were no taxes you wouldn't be were you are today. Poor people also have to pay for taxes to keep schools going ( do you think they think it is fair?). Everyone feels the same way. "Why should I give up money I earned to benefit someone who "hasn't worked" ---- that is a cold hearted arguement. No one has the right to say that people are poor because they dont work. That is simply not true. I know poor people who WORK THEIR ASSES off.

Taxes help everyone! Where would you be without schools, regardless of how shitty they may or may not be?

Sorry to rant - these types of arguements get my blood pumping - lol

Taxes are necessary - regardless of what they may or may not be for. If you dont believe me - take an economics class.

Woo - i love typing argumentative posts! Good Time.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
G20Touring said:
and with regards to who an employer would hire, a person with a degree vs without? Times are changing buddy, there were 20 other applicant with myself of which almost all had college degrees and I still got hired and in my first 2 months in the business i managed to top the region out of 800 + people. With my resume at 21 and the way I carry myself I guarantee I can capture a good job alot easier than people who are fresh out of even a good college. You know why? Cause employers know people with work experience and real world experience not college B.S. are going to prove to be better and more successful employees.
Kindof going OT here, do you get a w2 at the end of the year or a 1099, where you currently work?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
pauley01 said:
You should not brag about your money man. Your doing very well for yourself and you should be humble. I guess that comes with age. In the end nobody cares what you make or what toys you have. The things you do for others that do not have a dollar sign attached to them are the important things in life.
i was selling infinitis

and im not bragging about it buddy.. im just making a point, you dont need college to be successful. You dont need an education or a piece of paper that costed you 150k woth of loans to get. I have worked very hard to get where I am today and that was making the choice to not go to college. EVERY1 told me i was stupid and that it was a mistake when I did ( had a 4.0 for 1.25 years of community college was about to transfer ) but I stuck to my guns and 2 years later im set in life. I wasnt talking about toys I have lysander was being a hater and was saying that why would you have a g20 if you make so much and blah blah.. if you read my earlier post i even said that NOTHING Has changed since I have been making this much money.. even when/if you get the big house and fancy cars life is still the same as it always has been,, its just harder to make REAL friends who dont want anything out of you.

Rick

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
im w2'ed and i work at countrywide home loans

Btw this is the off topic section so im allowed to go off topic :lick: and if you read all the posts i was replying to a comment from another member

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
G20Touring said:
not as much.. i would have come out of college at around 24 with tons of debt to pay off and starting at a job at maybe 60k a year.. and yes i can afford the maserati and shit and the exotics are coming soon,,, but i prefer to invest what ive made rather than blow it on exotics. sounds like you doubt me,., i will still be more than happy to put up some pay stubs..i dont really care if you believe me to be honest. why i still mess around with the g20? cause its my first love and always will.. im not modding it on my own,. im having it done infact cause i dont have the time.. if i sell it i will get maybe 7k.. 7k is nothing to me hence i say why sell why not make it a track car and dump 5 k more in it.. dont hate

Ok cool, I totally believe you, thats why i'm calling DIBS on your car once its all done and your selling it. You think i'm kidding but I'm totally serious, you have somebody to do all of the work that way its done perfect, then when you drive it for a while and get tired of that project let me know and i'll take it off your hands.

DIBS.

;)

Gmac

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
RedCarDash said:
Do you know what we wouldn't have if there were no taxes?

Here's a list for you:
Roads
Buildings
Large Businesses
Education Systems
PROTECTION (Cops - ect)
Please just check what the US Constitution calls for: National defense & not much else.

The gov't is REQUIRED by the Constitution to stay OUT of our lives, and that also applies to "Social Engineering" ideas like making working stiffs cough up money for someone who decides to attend an optional school that is deemed "acceptable" by some bureaucrat.

By the same logic, what if I aspired to be a race car driver :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: ???? Should you then be forced to subsidize the Jim Russell or Bob Bondurant Auto Racing Schools so I can get some low-cost training from an expert?? :lol: :p

Seriously.

·
Registered
496 Posts
OK first off g20touring, you proved my point precisely. i said before that it takes a lot more than just college to get you to the point where you are "set" in life. some ppl dont need much if any school. my step-uncle is rich as can be and he only graduated high school with his GED and no college education. others dont have the determination or the ambition or have a goal to achieve, so they go to college to figure it out and find out what career they will have the most driving force to succeed in. then they can enter the real world as a self-proficient, tax-paying, active member of society and the economy.

Secondly donswier, i said that those who pay taxes (any1 with a job) are doing a noble cause, not doctors & lawyers & etc. I realize not all doctors, lawyers, & stockbrokers are honest ppl, but maybe through proper and better education we will come closer to a day where there arent as many of those that arent "truthful". Also i did not mean that those jobs (electrician, pipe fitter, sheet metal worker, plumber, carpenter, auto mechanic, etc.) are not good, honest, noble jobs; i work for a sheet metal/pipe fitter shop in santa clara and becoming part of one of these unions has always been my plan if college doesn't work out. why should these types of jobs have to come out of pocket too? why cant those vocational schools get bigger subsidies equal to community colleges? all i ment with the doctor/lawyer comment is that by paying for their school now through taxes you stand to benefit later down the road. if you get into some legal trouble your gonna need a good lawyer so why should making it easier for said lawyer to get through school be a bad thing?

lastly, are we not forgetting that most college students have jobs anyways in which they pay taxes? meaning its like we are paying for college twice!

P.S. lets keep this a friendly argument please i hate it when this sort of stuff gets out of control and ppl start getting all pissed off; if i offend at all with the above im sorry and i didnt mean to.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I never brought the constitution into this... but since you brought it up...

DonSwier said:
Please just check what the US Constitution calls for: National defense & not much else.

The gov't is REQUIRED by the Constitution to stay OUT of our lives, and that also applies to "Social Engineering" ideas like making working stiffs cough up money for someone who decides to attend an optional school that is deemed "acceptable" by some bureaucrat.

YES!!! BAIT TAKEN!!!

Okay - know it all. Ready for your lesson?

Section 8: Clause 18. "Necessary and Proper Clause"

Nowhere in the constitution does it say "MUST STAY OUT OF OUR LIVES"
It says, in laymens terms, "Here is what you can do"
The Necessary and Proper Clause (Elastic Clause) provides congress with the authority to do whatever is "necessary and proper" in order to secure their authority expressed by the enumerated powers. (As listed in Article 1 : Section 8)

National Defense and not much else

"To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Enumerated powers - ^^

"To regulate commerce with foreign Nations, and aomong the several states" - That can be interpreted to be "taxes". - THUS all taxes fall under the "necessary and proper" clause.

To regulate commerce = tariffs = taxes

Since "commerce" is defined as recieving money for a good or service. - Sales Tax is justified.

Booyah!

By the same logic, what if I aspired to be a race car driver ???? Should you then be forced to subsidize the Jim Russell or Bob Bondurant Auto Racing Schools so I can get some low-cost training from an expert??

Seriously.
Shit, what do I care? I have to pay taxes anyways. I don't care if it goes to HELP someone.

PS: I LOVE ARGUING!

;)

21 - 40 of 78 Posts