Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My side skirts are fallin' out, apart and about to get their asses kicked. Both are bowing out at the ends. The plastic pin things don't have any bite to hold on to the body. And the foam sticky shit is coming off. What should I do - I know the dealership will rape me on fixing or replacing- or should I buy "cool" looking ones, can you put those on your self and does it have to be painted? I don't know which would be better or less expensive. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Really? You have a P11 and you're having problems with the side skirts falling, breaking a part? I think you should go to the dealership, because I would think that would be covered under the warranty. I wouldn't think you should pay anything if they are just falling off by themselves.

What do you mean by "cool" looking ones? If you want side skirts, you'll either have to get the Erebuni's, which may need modification or settle for some Japanese ones that will cost you an arm and a leg. You could install those yourself.

It's just odd that your skirts would be falling off.. I mean, when I changed my skirts to the impul ones, the stock skirts were not only drilled somewhat to hold them in place, but like you said.. they have that sticky foam on them and ALSO have those pins, which hold the suckers tight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just called the dealership and they want to look at it and then they will let me know if it's under warrenty and they are actually giving me a loaner I couldnt belive it. I'll let you know after Wed - thats when my app. is.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I probably know why it is coming apart. If you notice when you take your car in to any place that uses a lift, when it comes up and starts to pick your car off the ground, the side skirts come in contact with the lift. This is probably causing the side skirts to come apart. Nothing should ever touch your side skirts. You need to tell anybody using the lift to put the little pads on the side so that the pads hit the underside of the car first and your side skirts don't get used to lifth the car up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right

Now that you say that it made sense. Here in NC we have to get emissions tests and they use lifts and thats the only time I think its been on lifts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts